Minister accuses Satan of spoiling his $65 million dollar private jet fundraiser

We’re all laughing at this, but I’ve actually had serious conversations with a number of evangelical whackjobs about Satan. They genuinely believe that there is some secret arch nemesis who is constantly perpetuating “spiritual warfare” against all god fearing people, and this is what is responsible for all the bad things that happen, well, pretty much everywhere.

Dude didn’t get his gulfstream… Obviously Satan had his demons influence everyone in some way shape or form to not donate to give him enough for his plane (that he obviously deserves to do god’s work you know). Sounds patently ridiculous to us, but there are people who genuinely buy this.

And it filters down to the lowest levels of “evil”. You preschooler gets sick right before that family wedding in another state that you’re pretty much obligated to attend? Satan. Not a youngster with an immature immune system exposed to new pathogens by his or her filthy rugrat low hygiene classmates… Satan (or his demons). People actually believe this (and they vote).

2 Likes

Thousands of temporarily embarrassed millionaires there, who just need to ‘dream’.

And I also wanted to hear what fish do? Fly? If fish and birds can do it… but I am deprived… something something… Satan! I don’t know…

That would be so cool. I might even join a congregation with that sensibility about things!

(Steampunk worship?)

2 Likes

If you’re in the U.S., then the correct term is Nurse Practitioner. I can’t say why the staff is referring to your PP as a doctor instead of an NP. Either she has requested that – which is not a good sign – or as you say, they’re just trying to make the terminology straightforward. Some patients probably hear the word “nurse” and freak out that they don’t have a “real” doctor, so that could be the reason.

This topic was automatically closed after 5 days. New replies are no longer allowed.