Misheard lyrics

When I was growing up I was convinced the final countdown was “the final tao-tao”.

6 Likes

ALICE THE SEAL!

9 Likes

Dude. No. It’s “Islands of seal”

6 Likes

I did wonder about Elton John and his caribou queen.

3 Likes

I wonder about Alanis Morissette’s crossed-eyed bear (that you gave to me).

8 Likes

… not like actual STP lyrics make sense either :confused:

3 Likes

Who can forget this classic?

"On a dark desert highway,
  Cool Whip in my hair..."
7 Likes

My daughter used to sing the line “little darling” from the Beatles “Here comes the Sun” as “little ducklings”. Was pretty adorable.

9 Likes

Lucky is a family guy!
Lucky is a man who absolutely can do all the things that make you effin’ cry!

3 Likes

Na ah.
It’s Alex the Seal.

5 Likes

30 comments and no one mentioned Pearl Jam?

3 Likes

Nobody has mentioned this one yet, either:

3 Likes

It may due to the difficulty in mishearing something that was drunkenly unintelligible to begin with, but that’s just my 2p.

5 Likes

When we really like a song, but don’t know the lyrics and worse, don’t know the language, the trick is to resort to gibberish and make sounds similar to what the singer is singing.

The problem is that sometimes the sound of certain words in English is very similar to profanity and obscenities in other languages.

For example: “Hold Back The Water” by Bachman Turner Overdrive sounds to us like a warning that there is going to be a very ugly fight outside the show/dance. Another example is "Mamma Mia"by Left Side. The innocent verses “Mama mama mama mia/Ooh girl, every time I see ye” turned into a very rude obscene chorus that would make GG Allin blush.

5 Likes
5 Likes

My generation and my father’s generation knew how to sing to the theme of old japanese superheroes themes, even knowing nothing about kanjis.

5 Likes

Despite… you know the NAME of the song… I thought that this was “don’t go back to Rockdale” since it’s so close to Athens…

Also… I love Michael Stipes’ twang in this version…

6 Likes

“Even when I make a mistake, mistake, mistake.
It’s much better than math.”

But what about when I make a mistake in math?

5 Likes

Today I was listening to John Prine and remembered this fun story. At a show one time somebody with muscles in his head ain’t never been use requested “the one about a happy enchilada.” Prine said he didn’t know what the guy was talking about and was sure if he’d written a song about a happy enchilada he’d remember it.

Oh you know, “it’s a happy enchilada and you think you’re gonna drown”
:smile:

3 Likes

“You are worm food children of the revolution”

2 Likes