Sweet Dreams are made of Seven Nation Army

Originally published at: https://boingboing.net/2019/09/26/sweet-dreams-are-made-of-seven.html

11 Likes

Thank you, such a relief.

2 Likes

That was brilliant – I needed that this morning

5 Likes

How did you get into my YouTube stream? This one popped up for me a couple days ago and it led me down a deep Pamplamoose path. What fun.

2 Likes

That girl was really rocking that bass guitar. Lots of fun to listen to.

2 Likes

Me too. Youtube fed me this and then I listened to a bunch more of their covers. Youtube can tell I’m trying to extend my 30s a little further into my 40s:

(the Oatmeal)

9 Likes

I love these types of mashups. One of my favorites:

5 Likes

It’s nice, but I couldn’t believe it didn’t exist before this.

And it did.

Oddly enough, I see no credit/acknowledgment for DJ Poly.

5 Likes

A truly wonderful thing. (As is usually the case with Pomplamoose.)

Now, the UK Labour Party just needs an:

"Oh, Jeremy Corbyn,
Sweet dreams are made of him"

version

e3d9987459d82fb1bae8914eb39ee433

15 Likes

That was fun. I gotta get me some Pomplamoose albums.

1 Like

please tell me their name is a reference to a la croix flavor. Regardless this good.

pleeeeze. Pomplamoose means grapefruit in French so they both are a reference to the same thing, if that helps you.

Pamplemousse means grapefruit in French. Pomplamoose may be an anglicized version of that, sound poetry, or a portmanteau indicating a facsimile of a large antlered animal made of rye.

5 Likes

You are right, it is FROM the French word for grapefruit. Reading comprehension!

I am more or less open to making out with anyone who wants to make out to this song.

DAMN!!!

1 Like

Hagar! You can see and hear her nightly as the bassist in the house band on The Late Late Show with James Corden.

1 Like

This is sooooo fantastic. Never heard of this band until now, but after perusing their channel, I’ll assert the Pumped Up Kicks/Everything in its right place mashup is their best work.

1 Like

I did the same and came to the same conclusion last night.

Cor, this is a bit good isn’t it?
The whole band seem to be having a lot of fun playing it too, which is always nice to see.

1 Like