Misogynist internet grifter arrested after humiliating tweets gave away his location, or why you don't mess with Greta

Originally published at: Misogynist internet grifter arrested after humiliating tweets gave away his location, or why you don't mess with Greta | Boing Boing

25 Likes

GIF by MOODMAN

Couldn’t have happened to a more deserving douche-bro.

61 Likes

Spit spot!

julie andrews snap GIF

44 Likes

Earlier I said…

The QED is even better than I could have imagined. Someone needs to tell him there’s no place to drive his cars in the slammer.

47 Likes

If only Andrew Tate could go back in time and tell his past self that he…

25 Likes

71 Likes

Andrew Tate was the real Pizzagate we made along the way.

56 Likes

43 Likes

He looks really good in handcuffs!

14 Likes

Karma frequently takes advantage of stupidity and ego.

18 Likes

Season 9 Lol GIF by The Office

16 Likes

And for the record, Andrew Tate and his misogynist fanboys can lemming right off a fucking cliff.

22 Likes

hungover GIF

32 Likes

Semafor reported that the suspects "allegedly used a ‘loverboy method’ to lure victims into marriages and then sexually and mentally abused them to perform in exploitative videos, authorities said.

So, put another way … they’re pimpfluencers?

18 Likes

Hadn’t heard of him? I’m gonna guess you don’t have a lot of contact with tween boys, his main fanbase.

1 Like

Rebecca Solnit’s summary on FBook:

Things to know about The Reply Heard Around the World and its amazing consequences.

1. What the misogynist sent GT out of the blue was pretty much a dick pic with his language about having lots of big powerful cars and their “enormous emissions” a transparent proxy for said member. I think a lot of women recognized that.

2. Her prompt nine-word reply recognized that, and a reader reminds me that there’s a very direct association between men’s refusal to get on board with environmental good conduct and machismo. See Scientific American screenshot from a link a reader sent. He was associating his manhood with his carbon emissions and cars in his hostile sneer of an opening salvo. Reminder: she was just minding her own business and trying to save the world. He was attacking her because she’s a 19-year-old woman and a climate activist.

3. He was probably also hoping to target her with his crowd of haters, in a Gamergate-style campaign of harassment, but she is a much bigger deal with more followers. Feminists and climate people and others greatly enjoyed her owning him, and this did not turn out as he hoped, to say the least.

4. Her tweet is already one of the top 10 tweets of all time in popularity and has been liked 3.1 million times and shared almost 600,000 directly, as well as indirectly in screenshots, posts on other media, and a whole heap of media coverage. You too can go like it at https://twitter.com/GretaThunberg/status/1608056944501178368

5. She provoked his sorry ass to keep replying after she’d already burned him to a crisp with two short sentences delivered little more than an hour after his attack. Ten hours later he made a pathetic I Am So Grand (I Am So Insecure) reply in what looked like a parody of a slacker Playboy Lifestyle video, complete with cigar (sometimes a cigar is not just a cigar) and weird robe and a pizza. Shortly thereafter he and his brother were arrested for alleged sexual trafficking. (The story that the pizza box in the video tipped off the police he was in Romania is unsubstantiated.)

6. The group in charge of trafficking in Europe is called, yes, for real, GRETA: the Group of Experts on Action against Trafficking in Human Beings (I think it’s an acronym in another language): “GRETA is responsible for monitoring the implementation of the Council of Europe Convention on Action against Trafficking in Human Beings by the Parties.”

7. HadTate not increased his notoriety by tweeting at Greta news of his arrest for some pretty gruesome human trafficking, his arrest would not be major news. This tweet and arrest are likely what he’ll be known for forever. From Greta to GRETA in a day.

8. To all the men who explained to me that Greta should not respond to harassment and we should not talk about it in public: you’re telling women to shut up and being a good ally to Andrew Tate and his ilk. Now you know it.

9. Thank you Greta. And the link between patriarchy and fossil fuels continues to be obvious as hell. Meanwhile, 2022 continues to be a great year for the Fall of the Right Wing Dudes–Musk, Trump, Alex Jones, a whole lot of insurrectionists, &etc.

Friends with kids tell me that Tate was a huge influencer among very young boys, encouraging tweens and teens toward misogyny with, of course, sprinklings of crypto. He has been photographed with various MAGA figures and is part of that milieu.

86 Likes

See the source image

42 Likes

Andrew Tate’s father was African-American.

When Andrew Tate moved to Romania he joined the Romanian Orthodox Church in what looks like a transparent attempt to gain powerful friends who could keep him out of prison. He now claims to be a Muslim. Oh, and he has an account on one of those far-right microblogging sites.

9 Likes

I think this means Greta has defeated the level boss and gets to power up - yes?

16 Likes

I think small D energy is the least of his problems. Looks like he suffers from small brain energy.

10 Likes