Rolling Stone obtains leaked texts allegedly showing Andrew Tate’s trafficking tactics

Originally published at: Rolling Stone obtains leaked texts allegedly showing Andrew Tate's trafficking tactics | Boing Boing

3 Likes

Doxxed victim is scared to talk in public? You don’t say…

26 Likes

While American prisons sound absolutely awful, I can’t imagine what a Romanian prison will be like for the Tates.

But I can hope.

10 Likes

These sickos aren’t even getting their emotional abuse tactics right. The “good cop / bad cop” routine involves two different people working together to pressure someone to cooperate, it’s not something one abuser can do by themselves. (Not the time for jokes about Liam Neeson’s Lego character).

9 Likes

After Elon Musk bought it, I used to go the twitter website without an account or cookies and see what it put on the front page. Tate’s tweets often appeared, even after he had been arrested. It’s fucked up how his shit is main stream normalised.

16 Likes

I’m surprised that some of these guys didn’t wake up tied to their beds; drenched in gasoline.

18 Likes

Or not wake up. That’s also fine.

16 Likes

Actually though unstable extremes are a common tactic abusers use though. Keeps the victim confused and unsure and paralyzed a little longer, particularly if you’re using a lot of emotional manipulation. Combined with gaslighting it’s really effective. It sucks to experience this but I will 100% confirm this is a real way people behave to fuck with the heads of victims.

14 Likes

Sure, but is it still called “good cop / bad cop” when it’s one person doing it?

1 Like

When you’re a narcissist you get to cast yourself in both roles so yeah… to me not that big of a deal to see the same idea in there besides he’s talking to some one with the intention of ganging up on this victim so yeah… don’t see how it doesn’t apply really ymmv but it kind of reads the same either way to me somehow. He’s basically just talking about playing different parts to destroy a human life though so I dunno how much I’m worried about the accuracy of his diction. I just think it’s worth pointing out that whatever the right thing to call this kind of abuse is… it’s very real, very effective, and very insidious.

13 Likes

“Wait”

13 Likes

“I almost sound evil” Almost had a moment of realization there, before it was buried under a mountain of denialism.

If you are doing all the shit evil people do, no matter your reasoning, that doesn’t make you sound evil. That makes you evil, full stop.

17 Likes

I’m sure the prosecutors will find a way to use that as a teachable moment even if he didn’t.

13 Likes

Yes, doxxed victim who’s “broke” “can’t go home. And she can’t leave the house.” No coercion there.

10 Likes

Tate was one of the people Musk paid as part of launching his advertising incentive scheme (which is probably a scam in and of itself but that’s for a different thread), and everyone who got that payout was personally chosen by Musk. It’s not even that his shit is mainstream normalised, it’s approved of.

14 Likes

The thing that’s worse than a pimp is a pimp who talked himself into thinking he’s being ‘ethical’.

10 Likes

How sick is it that so many deluded men ADMIRE this absolute piece of shit scumbag criminal?

10 Likes

Men and boys. As I understand it, he’s most popular among teens and preteens. Which is a huge problem

10 Likes

Little boys. apparently he’s really popular with little boys and teens. While everyone is panicked about kitty litter the real groomers are making the most violent and ugly aspects of misogyny reach the next generation as early as possible.

12 Likes

You beat me to it.

2 Likes