Sex trafficking suspect Andrew Tate threatens alleged victim: shut up or I sue you

Originally published at: Sex trafficking suspect Andrew Tate threatens alleged victim: shut up or I sue you | Boing Boing

7 Likes

I’m not sure that the discovery process would help his criminal case. I hope some legal group will take in this case for the girls and counter sue.

Whatever happened to that famous prison disdain for child molestors?

39 Likes

His strategy is to avoid discovery by intimidating her so badly that she just drops it, unwilling to risk what is historically a rather hard process for victims.

18 Likes

Obviously- but that shit can backfire and leave him in prison forever.

34 Likes

Pop Tv GIF by Schitt's Creek

36 Likes

Came here to say the same thing. If the witness feels like she has nothing to lose, then he’s tying his own (figurative) noose. And based on what’s been in the press so far, I believe she (and other victims) crossed that threshold already.

24 Likes

The FBI needs to go after those making threats in his name too. Big time. Hell - get the intelligence services to lend a hand unmasking them. It’s internationally executed.

31 Likes
25 Likes

If your shit backfires, I think that you end up in the Prison Medical Centre rather than Gen Pop.

@Mindysan33 FD Signifier :+1:

14 Likes

Just so long as they’re in prison!

20 Likes

Definitely. In a decent society, he’d have been locked for his YouTube videos, books and seminars; in the interests of public safety.

18 Likes

Preach Amy Poehler GIF by Sisters

Thes lawyers need to revisit their ethics courses, possibly as part of retraining to be a proper lawyer.

15 Likes

until he was imprisoned in the country he fled to because he thought they don’t prosecute rapes. (Ironically, it is England that doesn’t prosecute rapes

I do love an irony that leads to a lengthy prison sentence!

16 Likes

They want these young ladies to climb into a hole and hide,

That’s what we want the Tates to do. And by “hole” I mean solitary confinement, only because I don’t support state sponsored execution.

6 Likes

My understanding is that he is held in a fairly safe interim detention for the purposes of the court case, and that he’ll see the insides of a real Romanian prison only after being sentenced.
It is crucial that the prosecution manages to bankrupt him so that he can’t buy himself protection from fellow inmates. His fan base has been taught, by him, to be callous assholes so as soon as Tate looses a few fights in prison they’ll drop him like a stinking turd.

13 Likes

I’m not really keen on state-sponsored torture either. I hope this rapist is taken away from society forever and all his influence and profit destroyed. That should be enough. Him being awful doesn’t mean we should support inhumane prison conditions.

24 Likes

He’s a plague.

[Archive]

In recent months, Ms. Stanton said, students have started bringing up Mr. Tate in class. They extol his wealth and fast cars. And for the first time in her 20 years of teaching, her 11- to 16-year-old students have challenged her for working and asked if she had her husband’s permission.

She has heard students talk casually about rape. “As the only woman in the room, I felt uncomfortable,” she said. Once, a student asked her if she was going to cry. At home, even her own three sons seemed to defend Mr. Tate.

23 Likes

That face screams “Mr. Potato Head” more than “Mr. Tate”.

Cheap shot, I know, but that guy’s a supreme asshole.

10 Likes

Meme Reaction GIF by Robert E Blackmon

I’m really tired of cruelty for cruelties sake in our societies.

13 Likes

There’s also the consideration that prison often galvanizes support for many supreme assholes. :man_shrugging:

10 Likes