Sex trafficking suspect Andrew Tate threatens alleged victim: shut up or I sue you

Will Ferrell Snl GIF by Saturday Night Live

9 Likes

The question remains, how do we deal with these people who so egregiously violate societal limits?
Some inhumanity remains in most choices that don’t rely on the perpetrator actually repenting, and often as not, they are not interested in seeing the harm they’ve done and feeling remorse for it.

1 Like

Doesn’t that count as witness intimidation? Add it to the charges and put this chinless wonder away forever.

5 Likes

Being one of the youngest members of the EU, perhaps the western member country’s’ leaders could whisper a word or two into Romania’s ear… in the spirit of EU cooperation.

2 Likes

They can serve time humanely, pay fines, do community service, get them out of the toxic ecosystem they exist in, get therapy and learn to be better people… I don’t think it’s difficult, as plenty of European countries have much lower recidivism rates than the US and follow such ideas (not all of them of course).

And no, you won’t “fix” everyone, of course, but you can do your best to find ways to mitigate the harm that they can do.

What has been shown over and over again to not do any good is some kind of violent retribution. It does not lower recidivism rates, it does not help people improve themselves, and it does not help society at all. It’s just mindless revenge that continues the cycle of violence.

17 Likes

Is it just me immediate reminded of the Preacher “Where the fuck is your chin?” scene?

6 Likes

One lives in hope. I think an oubliette would be appropriate.

1 Like

i guess courts would be pissed of if announcing to sue somebody is seen as “threatening” (in functional sound jurisdictions at least)

1 Like

The threat wasn’t really the lawsuit; the threat was releasing compromising pictures and video (also known as blackmail).

9 Likes

Yeah I feel like these lawyers are “lucky” that the criminal prosecution of Tate isn’t in the US. If it were, this would seem to open them up to charges of tampering and/or obstruction. Ethically, lawyers are supposed to ultimately do what their client wants, within the bounds of the law. They can advise them something they want to do is fucking stupid, of course, but if the client insists, you either do what they want or drop them as a client. This explains, by the way, why Trump now has such shitty lawyers. No decent lawyer will work for him. Tate is probably in that same position.

7 Likes

you’re right, the real headline would be: Sex trafficking suspect Andrew Tate threatens alleged victim: retract your claim or my fanboys will harass you you until you commit suicide.

7 Likes

Hey! Andrew!

3 Likes

Well, you can’t make an oubliette without breaking a few regs.

3 Likes

This topic was automatically closed after 5 days. New replies are no longer allowed.