Toxic influencer Andrew Tate to stand trial on sex trafficking and rape charges

Originally published at: https://boingboing.net/2024/04/26/toxic-influencer-andrew-tate-to-stand-trial-on-sex-trafficking-and-rape-charges.html

12 Likes

44 Likes

By his own explicit admission, “probably 40% of the reason [Tate] moved to Romania” was because he was under the impression that men are less likely to be prosecuted for rape there. FAAFO, asshole.

33 Likes

He also thought, by his own admission, that Romania was a corrupt society and joining the Romanian Orthodox Church would give him protection.

He then moved to Dubai and announced that he had converted to Islam, presumably following a similar line of thinking.

20 Likes

I’m naive, but why would a self-described Alpha Male need to engage in sex trafficking and rape? It seems like the sexy ladies should just flock to his side without any of this other bother :thinking:

17 Likes

Because possessing and controlling women is how he proves his alpha male status.

7 Likes

To the tune of the Red Hot Chili Peppers’ song:

Put him away, put him away, put him away now!

37 Likes

@frauenfelder - there is a stray letter ‘r’ in the headline.

Let me fix it for you:

“Toxic influence Andrew Tate…”

13 Likes

GIF by Snowpiercer on TNT

15 Likes

Fuck this guy so hard. I can’t wait for him to be in jail an not have to hear about him.

10 Likes

I’ve already pre-wiped my memory

The Tonight Show Idk GIF by The Tonight Show Starring Jimmy Fallon

13 Likes

Better put as many ankle bracelets as possible on that MFR. There are plenty of idiotic incel simps of his out there who would hide him from the authorities.

6 Likes

This is the kind of attention I am happy to see that fuckstick get.

12 Likes

This is why we don’t “just ignore it.”

22 Likes

(Of course, given the Niemöller reference, “said nothing” is different from “ignored it.”)

33 Likes

“Mr. Tate, you are charged with being a sleazebag in the first degree, how do you plead?”

“Wait … is that an actual crime?”

“No, but I just want to hear you try to deny it.”

12 Likes

Reuters:

“Trafficking of adults carries a prison sentence of up to 10 years, as does rape.“

“ In March, a Romanian court approved a request from Britain to extradite the Tate brothers on allegations of sexual aggression dating back to 2012-15, but only after the completion of Romanian trial proceedings.”

I’m hoping that means that he faces justice in the UK too - it still has to finish his prison term in Romania.

19 Likes

As noted by GagHalfrunt, non-consensual sex is the only masculinity-validating kind. Voluntary, enjoyable sex is just a form of masturbation.
Tate is a veritable evangelist of rape, and his numerous on-line sermons will be helpful for the prosecution.

5 Likes

There is no such thing.

It’s RAPE, by any other euphemism.

I know you were making a point trying to sound like the people who enable Tate.

I know that I may be telling you something that you already know; still, it cannot be stated enough.

We cannot let it continue to be normalized, even within our mockery.

Call it the crime that it is, every time.

13 Likes

One of the risks of being a fact-free font of advice is that you may convince yourself something false is true, just because you said it and your followers liked it.

2 Likes