Mississippi police chief fired after alleged tape of him boasting about killing 13 people: "I shot that n***** 119 times"

Originally published at: Mississippi police chief fired after alleged tape of him boasting about killing 13 people: "I shot that n***** 119 times" | Boing Boing

11 Likes

Bigotry, greed, murderous gun violence … I’ll bet the Republican party has already contacted him about running for political office.

30 Likes

How do we get the 2 from the 3-2 vote to fire him also fired?

21 Likes

If one person is like that, we can pretty much assume there are many like him.

12 Likes

When stripped of his uniform, authority and weapon, the ex-police chief pissed himself to death.

2 Likes

Cant Even

SMGDH

13 Likes

…and murder charges were filed, when?

18 Likes

Forget it, Jake; it’s Mississippi

12 Likes

Just horrible. I wouldn’t believe this in a work of fiction.
Unfortunately, reality has become worse.

ETA, that was meant as a reply to the topic, not to you, Mel.

5 Likes

The façade has crumbled; sadly, it was always this way, the only difference is that now they are utterly shameless in their avarice and corruption.

17 Likes

It has indeed.
It’s horrible how far along the wrong lines we have all come.
I don’t think there’s any point asking how we got here - you had the turmp, we had the bojclown.
Racism and idiocy became the bloody norm.
Where we go from here, who knows?
I am not going to completely give up, though it is tempting, now that truss is threatening to remove the UK from the ECHR.
I’ll still rant and vote though I feel like I’m shouting at clouds.

(soz, that was longer than I planned when I started).

4 Likes

Narrator; They always were.

15 Likes

Yep, good point. My bad use of tense.

6 Likes

And he was the Police Chief, not some random rookie. He set the tone for the conduct of all officers under his command.

That this man could rise to such a position, let alone have people willing to fight for him to retain that position, is a symptom of an institution that is rotten to its core.

13 Likes

That rings bells.

1 Like

Is there any evidence that this scumbag actually killed 13 people? I would think that even in small-town Mississippi, a few alarms would be raised before a cop reached the point of killing that many people.

1 Like

Not since the local D.A. helped him dispose of the bodies.

6 Likes

The vote-out squeaked by (3-2), but only 1 year as the police chief? That must be some kind of record for a racist prick in the deep South.

1 Like

At least on their short list.

1 Like

He killed 13 people in a town of 1700. Does this mean that being shot by the police chief is one of the leading causes of death?

1 Like