Mitch McConnell and the bridge to filibuster reform

Originally published at: Mitch McConnell and the bridge to filibuster reform | Boing Boing

12 Likes

you wanna try me terrence howard GIF by Empire FOX

15 Likes

How fitting, because Moscow Mitch is originally from Alabama (as is his accent).
He moved to KY as a teenager.

15 Likes

tumblr_aa81f3c0eacb4263dfa73b3a0f81ed0c_ebb04b04_500

17 Likes

At least Mitch didn’t say “Over my dead body.” The way things are going right now, there are too many people who would respond to that with one word: “Okay.” :frowning_face:

3 Likes

McConnell’s argument is “if you take away this tool we use to stop legislation we don’t like, we will use other procedures to slow down all legislation as revenge.”

Whattaguy.

11 Likes

I say take him up on his offer. His scorched earth is my paradise.

8 Likes

McConnell was not too concerned about “scorched earth” when he canceled the filabuster for his right wing judicial approvals. In fact I think he quite liked the outcome. I’m all for some of his scorched earth medicine on the dem side. Thanks Mitch, you convinced me.

11 Likes

I think someone ran a headline that was, “Mitch McConnell threatens to grind senate to a halt if Democrats take away his power to grind senate to a halt.”

As for McConnell’s speech about what republicans might do (defund planned parenthood on day one, etc) I think that should appear in some campaign ads next election.

17 Likes

The last 4 years was a pretty good example of a scorched earth policy - so unfuck this guy and the party he road in on. Let them show their true colors.

11 Likes

Yeah, that’s hardly a threat when you find yourself standing on a smoldering pile of rubble with a death grip on a tattered Constitution.

4 Likes

The republicans are absolutely incapable of governing, and the democrats are incapable of wielding power.

It’s like that web comic with the two girls in bed having a crisis because they were both bottoms.

The only way democrats can possibly make the US a better place is if they play as dirty as republicans.

There needs to be denocratic wedge issues and we need to exploit single-issue low information voters.

It’s been just stupid watching people cry all day and night about “how polazrizing” politics have become. But the truth is, it hasn’t been polarized at all. The right goes further right all the time. The left by staying where it is gets called extremist.

We could benefit from some real polarization.

The truth is, if you don’t vote for progressive policy you are stupid, or a massive dick, or probably both. There’s not two sides to it.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed after 5 days. New replies are no longer allowed.