Mitch McConnell vomits an endorsement for "disgraceful" Donald Trump

Originally published at: https://boingboing.net/2024/03/06/mitch-mcconnell-vomits-an-endorsement-for-disgraceful-donald-trump.html

8 Likes

It was removed during the de-shelling procedure.

IMG_1046

23 Likes

“It should come as no surprise that as nominee, he will have my support.”

No, it doesn’t come as a surprise, you amoral ghoulish embodiment of bad faith.

28 Likes

Satan’s tortoise, dropping a few more fat turds on his way shuffling out the door towards senility and death. What a sniveling little creep.

13 Likes

Die Season 3 GIF by The Office

19 Likes

I wish McConnell could see the alternate Earths, were he, Pence and anyone else in their way were shot or hung by his fellow Trump supporters.

5 Likes

I don’t know, I could see him doing his smug little chuckle at alternate versions of himself the same as everyone else he’s screwed over. This version made it and has no empathy at all.

11 Likes

That corpse turned to dust & blew away decades ago.
This is why he has no shame.

He threw that thing away about the time he killed off his pride.
It just got in the way of his quest for power.

No surprises there.

With any luck, Lord Dampnut will manage to bankrupt the GOP by the end of summer.
Financially, that is. It has been devoid of morals & ethics at least as long as Moscow Mitch has been in D.C.

4 Likes

ezgif-6-45fe88f743

6 Likes

I shouldn’t be surprised, but just like Ted Cruz, McConnell bends the knee to the orange monster after Trump defamed his wife. What is wrong with these people? Have they so little self-worth that they won’t stand up for their loved ones?

9 Likes

Hhopefully the hatred for Turtle McTurtleface that some Republican voters have, versus any admiration for him that some others have, results in a canceling out of any weight this endorsement has.

4 Likes

I’ve always just assumed it was blackmail of some sort. The near instant 180s so many did don’t have a logical reason otherwise.

RNC and DNC hacked, DNC only leaked, Trump as nominee, supported by the hacking group, manages to sway every person he talks to. He can barely get two sentences out in a row and we’re suppose to believe he somehow changed the mind of dozens of career politicians with a single conversation that didn’t somehow include “well, it would be a shame if…”?

And now of course they are simply beholden to the monster they created. I haven’t heard Nikki endorse him yet but I bet it’ll happen in less than a Mooch.

10 Likes

You’ve just invented an awesome new unit of time! I make 1 Mooch to be equal to 0.23 Trusses.

5 Likes

It’s a established one

Per most converters, 1 Truss = 4.1 Mooches

6 Likes

Or Mitch just realizes that he can’t destroy everything by himself, so he welcomes the help, even if it’s messy and orange. I think it’s all less logic and more pure evil.

4 Likes

I’ve always assumed it’s just the usual lockstep party loyalty for whoever’s in charge. If you wanna be in on the game and its perks, you shout along with the unified chorus. If you want to instead listen to your conscience, expect banishment (a la Liz Cheny and Adam Kinzinger) in return. Such loyalty doesn’t require blackmail.

8 Likes

That’s not quite what I heard.

Legend has it, when Mitch first entered politics he met a young Republican rapidly rising up through the party ranks by shamelessly debasing himself to suck up to Nixon, Ford or whatever party leader was in the room. Equally envious and disgusted, Mitch asked “How do you do it?”
The young Republican replied “Do not try to swallow your pride, that is impossible. Instead, only try to realise the truth.”
Mitch bobbled his turtle-like head in confusion, “What truth?”
The young Republic scratched his brown nose, and looked Mitch dead in the eye. “You have no pride.”

7 Likes

reservation in hell has been confirmed

3 Likes

Even now, whilst exiting, he is endorsing the demented porcine emporer? smells like blackmail to me…

4 Likes

Party over the People, every time.

That, with a bit of “might as well burn everything down behind me! my funeral pyre will be glorious, and the plebs of the horrible future will recall my days as the better times”

3 Likes