Mitch McConnell is a "dour" political "hack", says whoever's writing things for Trump these days

Originally published at: Mitch McConnell is a "dour" political "hack", says whoever's writing things for Trump these days | Boing Boing

8 Likes

According to insiders, Trump wanted to add “McConnell has more chins than smarts!” but his staff talked him down. The doubt that Trump wrote it comes from the fact that he was actually listening to his staff’s advice.

6 Likes

“Mitch is a dour, sullen, and unsmiling political hack”

Well, he finally got SOMETHING right…

7 Likes

People who think that Biff and his fascist comrades are done with their attempt to take over America’s duopoly party of the right completely (they’re already most of the way there) are fooling themselves. “The Former Guy” hates not being the centre of attention anymore, and there are plenty of malicious actors willing to ride that to keep the cult of leader worship going.

18 Likes

Well, this is what the Republican party wanted. They didn’t want to censure Mr. Trump, didn’t want to exclude him from future office, didn’t want to hold him accountable for a single thing during or after his term. The entire Republican party is chained to Donald Trump for all time.

18 Likes

Some words never get used with young people. Never has an 18 year track star been written about as ‘spry’. Or a 22 year old model as posing with a ‘dour’ expression :slight_smile: I mean I guess it makes logical sense seeing as McConnell may have been born when that word was in more common usage?

1 Like

i am hoping it will be tough for big orange to hit the campaign trail while dealing with the constraints of that ankle monitor.

7 Likes

Mitch, you had the chance, but not the grit to set up to the plate and start swinging.

13 Likes

Considering how ham-fisted and clueless Trump is about political strategy (e.g. he spent four years playing to the base only to have Republicans leave the party), I’m not sure what his definition of “hack” is.

And referring to a turtle as “dour” is a stereotype. For shame.

3 Likes

Well, he’s not wrong…

5 Likes

Checks out, but if I ever did see McConnell smile it would probably be even more unsettling.

“Dour” is one of those adjectives that only seems to work when it’s used to describe a person who has jowls.

3 Likes

Mitch’s smile is one of the many things about him that drives me up the wall; many, many, many things.

8 Likes
9 Likes

I expect at some time, he’s going to more overtly seize control, and establish it as a business. The Trump Red Meat Republicans, a wholly owned subsidiary of Trump Steaks. This has been his long game the whole time, owning a party and indulging in corporate synergy, until he can figure out how to own the country outright. All the people who bragged that he’s going to run the country like a business will be happy, and any naysayers will be part sent to Ivanka Trump’s Trump Steak Organic Soylent Green Farms. His sons get to hunt on the farm, so all the kids are happy working together.

4 Likes

Dour, yes.

Unsmiling? Untrue, he does smile. It’s just not something Americans should WANT to see, because it usually means he’s done something incredibly nasty to the rest of us.

Political hack? Sorry dear leader, Mitch plays the game about as well as anyone else ever has, and far better than a hack like you did. I despise him, but he knows how to wield absolute power absolutely, maximizing wealth for the rich and pain for the poor while still getting all those people to vote for him and his party. He’s a modern fucking Machiavelli.

10 Likes

Do you think whoever ghostwrote this considered removing the Oxford comma so it wouldn’t be too obvious?

4 Likes

They would have called him “phlegmatic,” but they only had 140 characters to work with. Mark Meadows suggested “bilious” as a compromise, but true to his Germanic heritage Biff went with “dour.”

4 Likes

As was just demonstrated. Does this count as one of those gaffes where you accidentally tell the truth?

5 Likes

… a dour, sullen, and unsmiling political hack

7 Likes

Good minds think alike

5 Likes