MLB moves All Star Game to Denver to protest new Georgia voting restrictions, Jen Psaki weighs in

And yet, on the right, there are already memes about how awful she is as a press secretary.

5 Likes

Yes, but they also hate puppies, the current Pope, and Mister Rogers. I would take any view of theirs with a significant grain of salt. One about the size of Albania.

21 Likes

11 posts were split to a new topic: In Protest of/for/Grammar

They’ll not bother to even air the fact she destroyed him. If they show anything, they’ll use him asking and then cut it.

7 Likes

The funniest part of this story is Mitch McConnell is threatening to raise corporate tax rates in response.

He’s been totally “briar patched”

13 Likes

2 posts were merged into an existing topic: In Protest of/for/Grammar

Yeah, corporate money is free speech, but not that kind of free speech damnit.

7 Likes

The usual, “its only free speech if they say things I want to hear”.
Just like:
“Only Conservative Christians are entitled to freedom of religion”
“Businesses can only keep out customers if they are gay, women, black or atheist”
“Government can’t tell me what to do with my body and force me to wear a mask, but they can force women to keep all pregnancies”

I stopped even attempting to call out hypocrisy of the right wing. It requires too much of an assumption of honesty and good faith belief. I just ridicule their positions directly.

11 Likes

Complete and competent sentences, swoon big time.

11 Likes

I thought it was because Trump kept firing them because they couldn’t perform the impossible job he wanted.

I’m glad she comes to the podium stocked with the right facts to refute such statements. I wouldn’t be able to avoid sneering “They’re a private company. Aren’t you supposed to be in favor of the free market deciding such things?”

8 Likes

Man, Jen’s constant coherent rebuttals really show how shitty the fast talking “Whataboutism”, diversion laced gishgallop of the Trump press secretaries were.

6 Likes

I might throw it back at Fox “News”.

“Major League Baseball has as much right to choose where to play the All-Star game as Fox News had in choosing to fire Bill O’Reilly and other performers who embarrassed Fox News and/or exposed it to liability.”

15 Likes

But that’s really getting close to the heart of “cancel culture” and the real GQP view on free speech. It’s not about your right to say anything you want, it’s about your right to PROFIT from any speech you spew, regardless of how vile or damaging it is. Corporate money is free speech they can admire. Corporations and their executives actually talking is what they want to stop (unless it’s in favor of GQP views of course).

7 Likes

So much GOP hypocrisy here, my head spins like a curve ball.

2 Likes

I especially like the bit where she calls a lie a lie.

10 Likes

it is only soul crushing for those with a soul.

9 Likes

Maybe Sean Spicer started with a soul, but then used his job to squeeze out a few horcruxes.

4 Likes

Yeah, at first, you want quisling “news” sources like Fox/OANN/Newsmax to be ejected, but there is just so much entertainment value in seeing them get #psakibombed over and over and over.

Parenthetically, conservative outlets are trying to have it both ways on GA/CO law comparison. They are simultaneously saying: as here, the two states laws are “the same”, so why pick on GA; but, they are also groaning with disgust on how “liberal” and “susceptible to fraud” CO laws are.

300_sake_db
“More Psaki! More Psaki!”

9 Likes

Yeah the challenge is the workload. She and her team actually prepares for the meetings which takes a lot of effort. And to do it as frequently as she does…

3 Likes

So, GA is outlawing handing water out to people waiting in line to vote…
I wonder what they had to say about the Kenosha police…

Oh, right. Nothing.

5 Likes