MMXVII Dead Pool - Sign up and rules discussion

All I settle for these days is that I know the rules in advance. It’s a drag to enter Dead Pools then learn my December 31 2015 stiff doesn’t count because he died at 23h30 PST and even though there’s no verbiage online anywhere to back this up, the admin decides only deaths up to 23h59 CST count, or that an American liberal arts graduate decided that Lawrence Ferlinghetti was a nobody, or that the admin hates Wikipedia as a source but won’t give competitors a substitute or alternate online source…

I’m not quibbling, merely asking for light and guidance. And thanks, sincerely, for being swift and clear. [ETA: it is with until now unexpressed joy that I participate in this – lovely to be able to submit entries that Commonwealthers flown across the planet recognize.]

Thank you. Ultimately this is what I was looking for.

6 Likes
10 Likes

So picking through @JemmieDuffs leavings from her backup list (that I entered for her) for a 40 pick pool .

George H. W. Bush
Bill Cosby
June Foray
Doris Day
Monty Hall
Charlotte Rae
Charles Van Doren
Joseph Wapner
Malcom Young
Bob Dole

3 Likes

Added.

Obscure actor or typo for the more famous one?

1 Like

Pass, but I won’t judge those who decide to play. Unless they pick Peter Gabriel. Those people can go slip on a banana.

3 Likes

I spell it Charlotte Rae.

2 Likes

Making sure it wasn’t:

Typo, and will be ninja edited in just a second.

2 Likes

I’d switch to him personally.

4 Likes

Should have picked Assange, Damnit!

3 Likes

Both Barbara Bush and George H. W. Bush are in hospital tonight.

6 Likes

I kinda think #41 will go very soon, or that the announcement of his passing will come very soon. I read the same words for his condition that were used to describe the conditions of Joan Rivers and Carrie Fisher. People thought QE2 would succumb to her respiratory illness, but she’s healthy otherwise and doesn’t have Parkinson’s like #41 does.

5 Likes

Popular pick those two. Could be in for some big scores.

4 Likes

This topic was automatically closed after 82 days. New replies are no longer allowed.