Mnuchin: "We're working on mass distribution of the virus"

Originally published at: https://boingboing.net/2020/11/20/mnuchin-were-working-on-mass-distribution-of-the-virus.html

8 Likes

They are having great success.

36 Likes

“We’re succeeding on mass distribution of the virus.”

FTFY

19 Likes

Mnuchin: “We’re working on mass distribution of the virus

Yeah, no shit; 45’s admin is working to spread it as much as they can.

Stupidity aside, even if Mnuchin meant the vaccine, why the fuck would he be the one talking about dispensing it?

Isn’t he a money guy, ie the Secretary of the Treasury?

45 Likes

41 Likes

I’m prepared to forgive a slip of the tongue. But why the hell would the Treasury Secretary have anything to do with distribution of the virus, err, vaccine? Are we going to get inoculated at banks?

28 Likes

Does it, though?

Does it?

16 Likes

I could swear that I’d already asked that exact same question

19 Likes

Because he’s the one with the smarts. Seriously, you wouldn’t get Rudy to talk about it.

3 Likes

Because reasons.

2 Likes

Yes. He’s also busy trying to make it more difficult for Biden to quickly re-instate stimulus programmes once he takes office.

https://www.cnn.com/2020/11/19/business/steven-mnuchin-federal-reserve-cares-act/index.html

30 Likes

Q had better have a good explanation for this.

7 Likes

Yes - but why would the Treasury Secretary be responsible for this?

14 Likes

Thanks for acknowledging my point.

I was starting to wonder if I’d turned invisible, or something.

<_<

22 Likes

Because Miller’s idea for distribution was pouring the vaccine into the ground?

8 Likes

Leaving aside his Freudian slip (and that he shouldn’t have anything to do with distributing the vaccine), the Trump administration isn’t going to be around long enough to do much distributing, given the timeline for the vaccine production. That’s going to be left to the Biden administration. But the Trump administration is refusing to even give information to Biden’s team, so when the transition happens, the federal response is going to be fucked - there’s going to be a big spanner thrown in the works as the Biden administration has to get caught up as to what’s going on. It’s a deliberate attack, by the Trump administration, on the very future of this country.

15 Likes
16 Likes

But why on earth would the Treasury Sec… Oh, that’s been covered.

14 Likes

Did you hear about Rob Ford, though?

28 Likes

Oh no! Has something happened to Rob Ford? Does he have the virus? Maybe we should start a thread?

22 Likes