Florida governor decides to attack reporter instead of taking responsibility for vaccine failure in his state

Originally published at: https://boingboing.net/2021/01/05/florida-governor-decides-to-attack-reporter-instead-of-taking-responsibility-for-vaccine-failure-in-his-state.html

7 Likes

Maybe Florida could be renamed, “Trumplandia”?

14 Likes

Not until we’re able to sell and get the hell out of here, after that, IDGAF.

12 Likes

He’ll get his Medal of Freedom too…

15 Likes

I can only hope that is a rather dark euphemism.

10 Likes

So, things are a mess because he doesn’t want to interfere with how hospitals etc distribute the vaccine.

Which is to say, the governor doesn’t want to govern, a job that involves organising large scale projects such as vaccine distribution.

33 Likes

Just like Trump, he wants to take full credit for every success whether he had anything to do with it or not, and he refuses to take responsibility for the failures, many of which are the result of his bad public policy decisions.

And like Trump, he knows that his deplorables love to see him attack and berate the press. So he picks an opportunity to be a dick, which he most assuredly is.

30 Likes

Obligs:

15 Likes

Find any way you can to ruin their lives- become a historian, and accurately reflect their insanity in history books for all time.

6 Likes

Funny that his excuse is basically “big gub’mint isn’t as good as private enterprise at doing these things.”

In other words, “If it were up to me, we’d be in even worse shape!”

He’s not wrong.

16 Likes

Yeah, this might have to be in TV miniseries and podcast form. One administration, four years, and multiple volumes of incompetence, corruption, cronyism, and (hopefully) court cases leading to convictions. I feel for future generations having to study even an condensed version of this shit.

8 Likes

We don’t call him #DeathSantis for nothing.

6 Likes

You just described Yes Minister except with intentional authoritarian bent, and evil and mass delusion as plot drivers.

2 Likes

After the two assholes he presented the medal to yesterday, think of it more as a dark reality.

3 Likes

Will have to check it out. It’s hard to imagine anything like this as comedy, though.

3 Likes

I know Yes, Minister only slightly, but I don’t think it generally (or ever) got as dark as our timeline.

3 Likes

Florida is doing just as crappy job as California. Glad to see Texas’ “Get a Vaccine, Get a Rifle” promotion is working, though.

https://www.bloomberg.com/graphics/covid-vaccine-tracker-global-distribution/

2 Likes

Oh, indeed. He’s practically a Trump “Mini-Me.”

Then again, it makes me wonder how Gov. Voldemort (Rick Scott) would have handled this circus. Then again, maybe not.

3 Likes

“Okay, you can study the 100 Years War as part of this 3 year course; or the Trump Presidency as the entirety of this 20 year course.”

@atl “Take the shot! Get the bullet!”

3 Likes

‘Medal of Freedom’ does have a certain ‘concrete overshoes’ ring to it. Something you are awarded before ‘disembarking’…

2 Likes