Florida governor decides to attack reporter instead of taking responsibility for vaccine failure in his state

Much better branding!

1 Like

Christ, what an asshole.

4 Likes

He’d have given all the doses to the pythons and boa constrictors in the Everglades. You know, his family.

4 Likes

You’d think that any [lack of] system that results in virus-vulnerable, possibly-infirm seniors having to wait in line for hours, outdoors, overnight, in tents, potentially infecting each other, presumably having to scrounge ways to relieve themselves, who, being American cannot evolve a system used in JapanBB Link, would be the worst possible [lack of] system. Even a Big Government Nanny-State solution would be better than that. But, no, this is a Miltonian “better to die in Hell than thrive in a liberal Heaven” moment.

----

4 Likes

Um… though our numbers may both be shit (and they ARE) FL stayed open and demanded in-school attendance, while CA closed early and opted for distance learning online.

4 Likes

I’m glad we were more prudent here in CA than FL was (Bay Area mask compliance remains nearly 100% – although I’ve been seeing a few more noses lately) but distance learning has been a complete shit show (especially for my 13 year old daughter) – and every report I’ve seen seems to point out to staggered in-class learning with appropriate social distancing is perfectly workable with very little additional risk.

(Also, I’m freaking 50 years old and masks have given me a nasty blast of acne along the my cheeks and nose. I’m happy to do it, but ugh)

2 Likes

Maybe with perfectly spherical students…

2 Likes

Tell me about; my allergies are not happy about having cloth material so close to my nose so much of the time, but I suck it up and carry on.

5 Likes

It’s like they don’t want to govern, they just want to rule.

2 Likes

Wouldn’t that make it In The Thicke of It?

1 Like

He was almost honest. Apparently what he meant was, “These guys are more competent than MY state government will ever be.”

1 Like

I thought the rattlesnakes and copperheads were first in line.

2 Likes

@zzzz Not only was Bugs Bunny a brilliant philosopher, he also had a knack for smart, practical solutions - especially the Gordian knot kind.

1 Like

Not invasive enough. Guaranteed Florida natives will be screwed over by RS.

1 Like

Is that “competent” guy he pointed to wearing his mask upside down? Is that not a metal nose bare on his chin?

I think that’s his graying beard poking out under the lower edge of the mask.

This topic was automatically closed after 5 days. New replies are no longer allowed.