Mob of young MAGA hat wearers surrounds Native American elder and mock him [UPDATED WITH NEW VIDEO]

Holy shit, these kids have no idea what load of hurt this stunt is about to unleash on their privileged little asses. We can only hope some of them will learn from it, but I fear they will just see proof that “it’s really minorities who live privileged lives.”

13 Likes

Umm, yes. Yes they are. I mean, this guy is not white, so…

1 Like

The school and parents of these simple minded punks should be real proud…NOT.
Knowing that this man is also a Vietnam veteran adds to my distress over his treatment. I’d love to see these punks identified so that they can receive some of the rath they deserve.

1 Like

I wish I could laugh at the sarcasm…it’s just as a father of two boys…I am livid at how these kids were raised.

5 Likes

Lol at where we are intellectually rn. Native American = brown = immigrant.

5 Likes

Yeah it demonstrates a level of ignorance that just boggles the mind.

6 Likes

(that poster was implying the kids were the ungrateful immigrants here, not that the Native American guy was Mexican.)

18 Likes

Behavior, such as that kid exhibits, often seems to go hand-in-hand with religious lip service, at the least.

1 Like

To be fair, sometimes, people are raised to be respectful of others, and turn out that way in any case. It’s often not just one’s upbringing, but the fact that we’re all soaking in an undeniably racist society that programs all of us to some level of racist world view. It’s a hard programming to break, especially so for the people who it privileges the most.

20 Likes

Why don’t you kick yourself out?
You’re an immigrant too?

1 Like

And that wasn’t clear at all from his original comment. Poe’s Law strikes again.

Real talk; racism can be radicalized and spread.

15 Likes

As always and in all things, I could also be wrong.

2 Likes

Yes, but let’s be clear on “mainstream media” vs. say, doxxers-r-us blog.

10 Likes

It will look good on their college applications to Liberty University.

7 Likes

Yes, what they did was significantly less violent than driving a car into a crowd. But, if someone with a similarly odd expression came that close to a politician/Pope/other religious leader engaging in prayer/singing/chanting, it would likely be regarded as beyond just rude, and crossing the borderline to threatening. If I did that to someone at a political speech or at a rock concert, I would expect to get tackled. The camera panned about 120 degrees or so, and no, we don’t see behind the Elder, but from everything seen, it seems like a thick crowd of chuckleheads were surrounding him.

14 Likes

And that is most definitely threatening behavior; they intentionally meant to intimidate the man. Good on him that he kept chanting and drumming the whole time, undeterred.

25 Likes

To all my fellow liberals who think all we have to do is wait out the aging conservative base, that racism will somehow “die out,” please keep this in your mind.

30 Likes

So the school’s PR strategy for dealing with this is to act like a bratty celebrity who got caught doing something really stupid and nuke their socials? Like that’s going to do anything to stop the firestorm

According to the school’s website, students had been in DC to attend the March for Life, which also took place Friday. The school deleted its Facebook account and set its Twitterto private after the incident.

15 Likes

That’s some kind of dystopian future you got there. (Not that I’m saying you’re wrong…)

Actually he is. In other videos, you can clearly see that the gentleman’s group is small (the Indigenous march had already ended), and they’re completely surrounded by these “kids” (and their adult chaperones). The kids moreover were apparently shouting something about building the wall at some point (which in context makes no fucking sense except as an indicator of white nationalistic sentiment).
We’re at the point where shouts of/references to Trump/“MAGA”/wall building are regular parts of hate crimes. There’s an implied threat here, and certainly intimidation. Mentions of Trump, his slogans and wearing of his merch can function as threats (and coded hate speech), all by themselves.

Yeah, but the number of Native Americans who have been harassed by MAGAts in the last two years indicates how many of them believe that…

Yeah, well, they couldn’t very well come out with a statement along the lines of “these aren’t our values” because clearly they are.

24 Likes

KY, Mitch is their Senator and racism runs amok throughout the USA. It seems there’s a bigger crisis than opioids and it’s sociopathy modeled after Donald’s. Negativity, fear and hate unites the right.

4 Likes