Moby Dick's Restaurant lease blocked due in part to its "offensive name"

Oh Vancouver… Yeah they are citing the name as the offense but I bet that’s not the real issue. The Moby Dick Restuarant is the wrong kind of restaurant for their neighborhood. God forbid, someone’s over valued house and gentrified neighborhood get sullied by being near a ‘gasp’ a non-trendy & tacky restaurant where immigrants work and poor people eat.

5 Likes

Then there was this word processor computer company from the 80s and 90s:

5 Likes

5 Likes

And his pals, Spinner and Paddlefoot!

/obscure Australian reference

1 Like

4 Likes

Hey, I was delaying that one! It’s my seminal pun.

7 Likes

We are on the prepuce of anarchy with all these puns

4 Likes

I’ve run out of obscure sophomoric anatomical puns…and for some reason I just can’t quite bring myself to google “penis anatomy” to find more.

3 Likes

Don’t worry too much about it, otherwise you may get testie

6 Likes

I think sushi is a code word for something. Does it have a basement, any tunnels?

1 Like

All they have to do is call the place Moby Doll. In Vancouver, that’s traditional.

1 Like

Put it on a line by itself.

5 Likes

You youngins have it easy. Back in the depression nobody could afford regular dicks… We only had ones made of of cheap linoleum.

9 Likes

They’re a pretty big chain of restaurants across Southeast Asia. I’ve no idea what the food is like because I’ve never been able to stop sniggering for long enough to actually eat there.

5 Likes

Well, if it is a Southeast Asian chain, the town could be called racist if they won’t allow Heavenly Wang in.

1 Like

Welcome to Mobyd Ick’s. We apologize for our sign’s serious keming problem.

8 Likes

It definitely hasn’t lowered surrounding property values any.

1 Like

Maybe Moby Dick’s should offer the town elders a complementary stiff one they can sniff and swallow to their heart’s content, perhaps this would serve:

https://www.cockburns.com/wine/cockburn-s-fine-ruby-port/2

3 Likes

6 Likes

I hear banjo music…

2 Likes