Moby Dick's Restaurant lease blocked due in part to its "offensive name"

Maybe they enjoy wetting their lips on a good…

5 Likes

It’s pronounced Coburn… not that they would know that.

2 Likes

That’s perfect. All Moby Dick’s have to do is say "It’s one of those funny English things that’s shortened when pronounced properly. It’s spelled “Moby Dick’s” but it’s pronounced “Mooks” ".

3 Likes

Like when I order a Smithwick’s and I get a confused look, then am asked if I wanted a Smith-Wick’s.

1 Like

Good lord, I don’t remember seeing one of those stickers in 30 or 35 years… Just went and looked it up; didn’t remember that the late Terry Dorsey was behind it.

1 Like

That’s your cue that you are in an establishment that isn’t qualified to serve smɪθɪks :smiley:

2 Likes

No, silly, her husband books the appointment, and checks with the doctor afterward to learn the results. And they’re not checking for cancer, only babbys.

5 Likes

I’ve eaten at DD’s for the 3+ decades my family has gone to OBX…

Got sent home from school for wearing their shirt one fall !!

Here’s their menu: http://www.dirtydickscrabs.com/24050/Page.aspx

I worked in an all-you-can-eat seafood restaurant when I was 16 and crab legs were the most expensive item at $9.99. That’s cheaper than almost anything DD’s offers today :fearful:

DD’s legs are $13 over market and AYCE is only in the early afternoon ((these days)…

2 Likes

Gotta fill that quiver. Babies are disposable arrows for the war on the Godless! Pass the ammo!!!1!!

/s

4 Likes

And for dessert? Pete Schweddy’s chocolate balls. Though I heard he had to settle some trademark claims with a chef from Colorado before he could offer them to the general public.

3 Likes

Hmmm in San Francisco the innuendo is the whole point!
moby dick bar : castro, san francisco (2014)

3 Likes

This topic was automatically closed after 5 days. New replies are no longer allowed.