Moist. MOIST! (the science of why some people hate that word)

I believe it: all I can recall is that it was something related to sex, but in this case ignorance is probably bliss…

1 Like

Hint: think gerbil

2 Likes

lmao, oh you…

2 Likes

[quote=“MikeKStar, post:42, topic:83976, full:true”]
Hint: think gerbil
[/quote].

Nope.

5 Likes

11 Likes

I think you may be mistaken, but there’s no way I’m gonna go look it up to check.

ETA: nice stealth edit, but not stealthy enough.

And you should be so lucky; my moisturizer isn’t for just anyone.

:wink:

Wonderfully useful. Thanks for sharing.

2 Likes

Cause you know JEBUS! hates…the female thing…between your legs…you know…THAT!

2 Likes

The biblical woman-hate goes back much further than that, right from the very start…

6 Likes

Yeah, and that’s one reason why I don’t find the word at all objectionable. In my experience, a ■■■■■ vagina is often a happy one, and a very pleasant and delightful thing is that.

As for cake, well… I guess I’ve had too many dry cakes in my life, since I never think of them as particularly ■■■■■. In fact, most of the cake I’ve eaten has left me quite thirsty and unsatisfied. I do like the frosting, though.

I agree. I don’t like slacks, as a rule, but the word itself bothers me not at all. I just don’t like the garment. (I’m a jeans man, 365 days out of the year.) And “luggage”? What’s wrong with luggage? I find it funny that most people I know use the word “luggage” to refer to their suitcases, but never pick them up at the “luggage claim.” One claims one’s luggage at the baggage claim. And “baggage” always seems to have that negative connotation. Nobody complains of having “emotional luggage.”

I like the word. It’s only ever used in the second sentence of news reports about earthquakes. “A devastating quake has rocked the city of Chula Vista. The temblor registered 7.2 on the Richter scale…” Nobody ever uses it first, and they don’t want to use “quake” in two successive sentences, so second-stringer “temblor” is pulled off the bench for that second sentence, and then immediately sent to the showers until the next quake comes along.

I’d like to start using it as my exclusive word for such events. Next time the windows shake, I’m gonna yell “It’s a temblor! Everybody dive under yer desks!”

The word deserves better than to always be bridesmaid to “earthquake.”

9 Likes

14 Likes

That so needs to be on a tee shirt…

10 Likes

It can be a noun. Then it becomes really unpalatable, especially in Russian.

Can’t believe no one’s mentioned santorum yet. Example sentence: The worst job in the world is getting the santorum out of mattresses, which is why the cleaning staff may just leave it there.

5 Likes

6 Likes

Cruz’s ■■■■■ flaccid penis soiled stained his slacks with santorum and swampass gravy.

Edit: stole @Melizmatic’s more cromulent word

10 Likes
2 Likes

You win.

10 Likes

Don’t forget used.

1 Like

Used is fine. It’s certified per-owned that grinds my gears.

5 Likes

Soiled?

4 Likes