20 Likes

Hits Dictionary.com

So, a well-watered parody?

yup, checks out, that would be ■■■■■!

17 Likes

27 Likes

Amazing. Even the link is ■■■■■-urized.

18 Likes

(Unless you’re talking cakes, for which mоist is the preferred state.)

17 Likes

My wife is a baker/cake decorator. She hates that word. So, no, not even then.

13 Likes

But I’m sure her cakes are not dry and crumbly. And if they aren’t, how do you compliment them? Damp? Soggy?

17 Likes

Leads to a gnawing sense of the moıst, and a sudden recall of that underappreciated musical horrorshow “Dr Horrible’s Sing Along Blog” in which we learn that Neil Patrick Harris has an accomplice (?) named, yep, “Moıst” Simon Helberg

The song is cut short by his “evil moisture buddy” Møist, who brings up a letter from Bad Horse, the leader of the Evil League of Evil.

moıst (adj.)
late 14c., “slightly wet; well-irrigated, characterized by moistness,” from Old French moiste “damp, wet, soaked” (13c., Modern French moite), which is of uncertain origin. Perhaps from Vulgar Latin *muscidus “moldy,” also “wet,” from Latin mucidus “slimy, moldy, musty,” from mucus “slime” (see mucus).

6 Likes

Bea Arthur ■■■■■ Sponge Cake

Estelle Getty ■■■■■ tea

18 Likes

Hey there, Diane. Do not read “Going Postal” by Terry Pratchett. Do not say that you were not warned.

17 Likes

Take a snippet of technical jargon from the bread makers:

“This dough/bread/batter/cake is so well hydrated!”

6 Likes

“That’s great, hon!” Anything else gets me punched. I hate getting punched. She has trained me well!

9 Likes

The bit is long but the absurdity of it is perfection. Personally don’t quite understand why some don’t like the word, especially when it comes to some baked goods it perfectly describes what’s so good about them. But other people disliking it is good fodder for jokes so can’t complain.

6 Likes

Moist?

Cake, muffins, roasted turkey; I like them best that way.

Moist is a GOOD thing.

25 Likes

caitlin-doughty-■■■■■

20 Likes

tenor

14 Likes

That’s unfortunate, but on the bright side you get delicious, moi… uh, perfectly-baked cake.

11 Likes

Maybe it’s because I’m not a native English-speaker, but I don’t get the aversion to the word.

8 Likes

Saw your avatar and “replying”, and I just knew.

9 Likes