Mom reports assault on her son to Ft Worth cop, who wrestles her to the ground, then arrests her and her daughter

If you believe the police have no accountability to justice then you have to chose if any justice at all is important to you. If it is then logica dictates the conclusion.

I live in a liberal progressive mecca, the police have had little to no accountability unless they fuck up and mess with someone who owns a shoe company or another cop or the like.

Really, we are a nation that went to war with two other countries over one act of terror while continuing to knowingly do business with the country that funded it all and with one of them not even being involved. And we paid money for it all, lots and lots of money and lives too.

So you look at a community that everyone knows is getting railed and they hardly ever kill anyone that actually oppresses them in a nation where firearms are easily available. I’m fucking amazed there aren’t dead cops littering major cities.

I’ll bet that’s why they love all the heavy hardware so much, fuckers know they have been digging themselves a hole.

LSS: If you aren’t given justice then you have to take it. That’s how America works.

12 Likes

once.

The second time it wouldn’t be a massacre of civilians.

Third time is where society gets interesting.

6 Likes

Where I live, we have essentially no police at all. That seems to be fine with most everyone.

1 Like

So access to easy transportation is a requirement for fair and appropriate treatment from law enforcement now? Got it.

8 Likes

Guessing you mean in the Chinese curse sense of “interesting”, in which case you’re unfortunately on point.

4 Likes

Third time is when they turn your neighbourhood into Soweto.

Shooting cops doesn’t work unless you’re willing and able to shoot all of them. And, in the US, that means the national guard and army as well.

7 Likes

Yeah I too think it went admirably:
That everyone is still alive cannot be taken for granted when US law enforcement interacts with the public. No one got tasered or shot to death. The black woman knows her place again. Authority restored.

The charge is resisting arrest. Nevermind she resisted or not, why was she arrested in the first place?

1 Like

That’s actually a stroke of genius.

“I hereby arrest you for resisting arrest!”’

“But you can’t arrest me, I haven’t done anything!”

“Resisting arrest, are you!” (Takes out the taser.)

12 Likes

We really shouldn’t be giving cops glocks. Or letting them use them. At the very least make the cops use guns with manual safeties they have to switch off.

At least then we can conclusively rule every fucking shooting was intentional.

4 Likes

Our finest.

it sounds like a maximally caucasian place. Is it?

Even Mayberry had police Max.

8 Likes

Have you heard of institutional racism?

Institutional racism was defined by Sir William Macpherson in the 1999 Lawrence report (UK) as: “The collective failure of an organisation to provide an appropriate and professional service to people because of their colour, culture, or ethnic origin. It can be seen or detected in processes, attitudes and behaviour which amount to discrimination through unwitting prejudice, ignorance, thoughtlessness and racist stereotyping which disadvantage minority ethnic people.”

6 Likes

Slightly more than half of the county population is Spanish or Hispanic. There are state police, and some of the towns have small police forces, but we rarely see them in our community.

Are you familiar with the film “Copland” and it’s basis in reality and the sociological implications of a nearly uniform systemic multigenerational police force?

Contrast this with what is commonly referred to as the “back-door draft” whereby the U.S. military gets to claim an “all volunteer military” while keeping it fully stocked with the economically disenfranchised?

I know this is long, but bear with me:

The police forces of most cities have most of the officers working outside their own communities. Particularly in areas of highly negative interactions (“poor/urban”). Now this makes some sense, because who the fuck wants to live next to families they arrest all the time?

The Army National Guard (who gets called in for this if Posse Comitatus is somehow overridden which is rare) , however, is HEAVILY staffed by people who originate in those communities and still basically reside there themselves.

Unless you’re talking about full blown civil war it would never go beyond ANG (AFAIK MLK, LA, and Watts riots are the only times they have supported local police and not a Federal order like desegregation.) and in the event of a civil war your full time military is also staffed by those same generally lower socioeconomic people.

/Army veteran myself, RA not ANG.
//If both sides realized the potential power of the community at the same time that power probably would never need to be used.

Look at the history; Kent State etc.

More recently, Ferguson: when the Guard went in there, in the middle of an active police riot, they did so to back up the cops rather than defend the community.

3 Likes

6 Likes

You should probably do that.

For one thing hardly any of the enlisted soldiers cooperated with the shoot order. Like in regular combat first time modern trained combatants are about 25% likely to just freeze up, not return fire, shoot away from the enemy, etc.

3% of the guardsmen fired at people that day. That’s a 96±% failure rate to engage the “enemy” after your platoon opened fire.

Also they were brought in to intimidate peaceful protests and not police active violence. So just generally that’s a terrible example.

Why be envious? Just move to Europe

Headline for use in perpetuity: “Hero Cop does exact opposite of duty, receives commendation.”

7 Likes