Mom rouses sleeping son on Easter morning by tazing him: "Get up! It's Jesus' day!"

What’s the buzz, tell me what’s a happenin’…

1 Like

I’d say general confusion, much like how Kleenex is used to refer to any facial tissue. That being said, I think the end result would be less to make tasers seem less dangerous, and to make stun-guns seem more dangerous. Because “stun-gun” is a terrible, terrible name.

1 Like

It makes me suspicious when this exact thing was said on last week’s episode of Roseanne.

Yes. A little something wired up to the mains should prove suitably reciprocal.

I guess if you’re going to steal jokes from another sitcom you might as well go with Arrested Development.

Or are you suggesting the mother in this case was getting her parenting wisdom from the recent reboot of Roseanne? What a terrifying thought.

1 Like

I always thought Rosanne was more or less a reflection of the “trashier” aspect of the lower middle class. There are many, many examples of poor parenting in real life, vs a sitcom.

Something something stranger than fiction.

4 Likes

Sure; but that’s not a good vendor to admit to when the objective is child discipline.

In the original run of the show they had an episode where Roseanne flips out and spanks one of her kids, then is horrified by her own actions in the light of growing up with a physically abusive father and promises never to lay a hand on her kids regardless of provocation.

I haven’t watched the reboot yet but I understand one of the early episodes involves Roseanne taking Darlene to task for refusing to physically discipline her unruly children.

So I guess they dialed the trash back up a bit.

2 Likes

"I gave EVERYTHING I HAVE to Jesus!

I’m just, like, HOLDING ONTO IT for him, you know, until he gets back . . ."

2 Likes

“The money was just resting in my bank account.”

2 Likes

Yeah they touched on serious aspects some times. It has been along time since I saw the show, but I remember really identifying with Darlene. She was basically me in the later seasons.

This topic was automatically closed after 5 days. New replies are no longer allowed.