Mom sends daughter into panic by rolling down window in front of a boy

It’s more the fear that the mom will say something.

5 Likes

as well as Sister of Mercy’s “This Corrosion”

Wait… what??? The same person who wrote “Total Eclipse of the Heart” wrote the FAR superior “This Corrosion”?

That is so truly bizarre. Those songs have as much in common as water and oil. I have to give it to him, he’s able to transition between musical genres deftly.

1 Like

Steinman produced “This Corrosion” (as he did the whole of the Floodland album). Andrew Eldritch wrote it.

3 Likes

Nah, that looked like a 100% authentic teenage reaction to me.

4 Likes

I want to say I was much the same, but I was (am still) male, and the hormones may have been different. I was more of a “resigned to being an outcast” mode and… my memories are probably playing tricks on me. I mean, it was all so long ago, and memories are malleable. That’s why nostalgia is so toxic.

So even though I think I was not as easily embarrassed, I do not trust my memories of what it was like to be a teen in the Eighties.

You know, this is the one thing least considered: was it really spontaneous, or scripted? How much was the daughter in on the joke? I am going to assume she gave some tacit approval for posting, or else the mom is going to be in trouble later.

2 Likes

Ah, that makes more sense. Because lyrically and sonically, even ecumenically, those songs are nothing alike, while the Air Supply tune is similar enough to Total Eclipse that I can see the hand of the person who wrote both.

1 Like

The YouTube account appears to be the daughter’s.

Barriers have a very deep-rooted importance in our psyche

6 Likes

I assumed it was some sort of dash-cam that was always on, but that doesn’t really make sense, does it? Yeah, it’s really weird and very embarrassing.

Ah, that makes sense. I can see how that would be extremely embarrassing.

Yeah, I try to remember what did embarrass me, and can’t, and am retroactively embarrassed by some of the things I remember doing…

Maybe the Internet has made me cynical, but this was my thought as well- probably staged. Why is there a camera on the dashboard filming the passenger seat? Mother trying to kickstart daughter’s influencer career? The daughter presumably agreed to let it be posted, so that suggests she’s thinking along the same lines, whether or not she was acting all along.

I still laughed though. It was funny. :grinning:

2 Likes

Apparently daughter is already a year deep into an influencer career, and her youtube and tiktok accounts seem to feature many of these “car prank” videos.

2 Likes

Also the mother totally breaks confidence by chatting with her daughter about boy stuff and then opening it up to the whole world, not just the boy in question. It’s a breach of trust, and the girl can never trust that mother again.
I believe that’s the thing, not so much the boy.

1 Like

If i had to guess it’s just a bit of fun the mom is having at her daughter’s expense, and why was the phone on the dash? Maybe they had it mounted on there for GPS and while they were waiting she thought to prank her and record the reaction. That said it’s a wild guess on my end, even if it was staged i also had a laugh as well :slight_smile:

All normal families had minivans. I suppose we weren’t and didn’t. They’re good now.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed after 5 days. New replies are no longer allowed.