Mom spies penis drawing in Netflix kid’s cartoon and is "extremely disgusted"

We used to call the perpetrator of such outrages “El Cocko”. Based on the number of times his symbol was left on/in text books, math sets, work folders, desks, lockers, etc. he or she must have been able to go for whole weeks without sleep.

2 Likes

<pedantic> If you watch that marriage scene in context you can tell that is his knee. <\pedantic>

2 Likes

:smirk:

Of course, these prudish types are the obscene ones, after all. They’re the ones calling things dirty when they aren’t.

5 Likes

I’m surprised she remembers what an erect penis looks like.

3 Likes

FTFY

5 Likes

Exactly. I hope she didn’t read what Dan Brown wrote about the entrances of gothic cathedrals.

Time for a quotation from the classics:

2 Likes

I frequently ask people to take my knee in context.

2 Likes

Is this prudery? I think it falls more in the camp of cultural conditioning around bare breasts.

2 Likes

Same thing isn’t it?

Not neccesarily, although there is some overlap.

After all, no one complains that bottle-feeding babies reminds them of sex.

2 Likes

Which it should of course - I mean the baby is right there being flaunted around in public all the time! “Look, look, we had sex and produced a human being”. :slight_smile:

In what circumstances is feeling uncomfortable about breast feeding due to cultural conditioning about bare breasts not prudery? I really can’t see any.

2 Likes

I wonder what would happen if children were routinely exposed to images of sexual organs. In our society, it is a no-go, but what about other societies? Would they grow up decensitized to sex or would they grow up obsessed?

Why not ask nudists?

As far as I can tell from those I know who grew up in fairly nudist families - neither especially obsessed or uninterested in sex but “naughty bits” are just “bits”.

1 Like

There was plenty of nudity in our house. Mom and her, errr, ‘lovers’?

And look how normal I turned out!

:slight_smile:

depends on the penis methinks.

Seriously, deeply, why the hell would anybody care? Do people seriously think that seeing a crudely-drawn, contextless rendering of male genitals in the background of a goddamned cartoon is going to damage their children in any way? Do they not realize that once their kids reach a certain age, they’re probably going to be drawing them all over stuff too, and that they probably did the exact same goddamned thing at a certain point in their life too?

Meanwhile, we have asshats on the Internet who are offended that people are offended by them being racist, sexist asshats who threaten to murder and rape people and the media is pandering to their narrative about the left “suppressing their freedom of speech.”

2 Likes

I must admit I saw the headline and my first thought was: “Was it an extremely disgusting penis?”

I mean I’ve seen some stuff in medical textbooks that I wouldn’t want to be confronted with without some warning.

Western culture has so fetishized breasts that people associate them far more with sex and titillation than their fuction as mammaries.

Prudery is as much cultural conditioning as the sexualixation of breastfeeding. Still, breasts aren’t genetalia. Other cultures do not relate breasts to sex.

1 Like

That’s what I mean.

People are culturally conditioned to equate breasts with sex first and foremost.

They are also culturally conditioned to see sex as something which makes them uncomfortable except in very specifically constrained circumstances (if even then).

The combination of the two: breasts=sex! and sex=naughty! leads to “breastfeeding makes me feel icky”. Prudery by any definition.

Where either of those propositions is not true, no issues with breastfeeding in public.

1 Like

Exactly, it’s not like it was a graphic depiction of genital mutilation, it was a crudely drawn semi-circle sitting atop a rectangle, sitting atop an oval.

It’s outrage for the sake of outrage. An attempt to create a moral panic for the sake of getting attention on Facebook and showing everyone how pious and vigilant they are. It’d be be kind of funny if there weren’t so many people taking it completely seriously and wringing their hands over how wicked the world has become–not because of the growing influence of neo-nazis or the serious and looming threat of nuclear war, but because of the horrible perversion of crappily-drawn genitals that will surely ruin all children forever and reduce the world to a lawless hellscape any day now.

We have legitimate reasons to be freaking out right now, so perhaps we should deal with those first and then we can turn our attention to the scourge of crudely-drawn dicks that has been plaguing humanity since before the dawn of written history.

3 Likes