Montana Governor lifted the state's mask mandate. Now he has Covid-19

Originally published at: Montana Governor lifted the state's mask mandate. Now he has Covid-19 | Boing Boing

6 Likes
12 Likes

“Individual responsibility remains Montana’s best tool to combat the spread of COVID-19.”

“Individual irresponsibility remains Montana’s best tool to spread COVID-19.” Fixed it for him.

23 Likes

I do admire some of the people willing to die for their convictions.

17 Likes

This guy is a few months late for the “Republican politicians contracting Covid-19 through their own irresponsible behavior” bandwagon but I’ll still allow it.

33 Likes

I give the virus a 50 / 50 chance of winning this one.

16 Likes

So he got vaccinated right before being diagnosed with Covid-19, which he likely was already infected by before being vaccinated.
How long until he, and other idiots, start blaming the vaccine?

23 Likes

6 hours to Tucker recording for today, so… 5 hours?

17 Likes

I expect no less from members of a death cult.

14 Likes

the trouble is there’s no cosmic justice against these “let the people die (unmasked) as long as short term business can stay profitable” politicians because they get a full course of monoclonals and come out laughing. sigh

10 Likes

The vaccination doesn’t become fully effective for four to seven days after each injection, and the treatment isn’t complete until a week after the second shot.

6 Likes

MonkeyT12 uses Reason against QAnon Cultists!

It’s not very effective. :frowning:

7 Likes

Yeah, but you are dealing with three distinct sets of people:

• People that listen to reason/facts and act on them…except they aren’t a useful set of people to argue to, they are already vaccinated, or planning on getting vaccinated as soon as it is available to their age group/occupation/health status.
  • people who have been duped into thinking vaccines are bad/covid is a hoax. You might reach them, but people don’t like admitting they have been fooled. You frequently need something emotional or personal to shock them into admitting they got fooled.
  • people who are getting some political/monetary/other value out of fooling others. They probably don’t even believe what they are spouting on about. I don’t really know what changes their minds. Even getting sick from COVID is likely not to change it. If they survive they will double down on “see it isn’t worse than the flu!”, if they die they are kind of out of the game (I mean maybe there is an afterlife, and maybe they can change their mind there, but it won’t help anyone here!).

So while your argument is true, and compelling to people that listen to reason, I’m not sure how much value there is in that.

12 Likes

Thoughts and prayers.

8 Likes

Whomp whomp…

1 Like

You don’t have to be an idiot to run for office … but it helps.

2 Likes

Gianforte seems not to have given that interview he promised to the reporter he body slammed, Dan Jacobs, when he was running for Congress a few years ago and also seems to have illegally killed a Yellowstone Park wolf wearing a tracking collar. He seems to be both a bully and a coward as well as a Republican, but I repeat myself.

12 Likes

Fry-Im-Shocked-Futurama

6 Likes

Something stupid games something stupid prizes somthing.

3 Likes

Alanis Morissette Reaction GIF by MOODMAN

9 Likes