"Moose may try to lick your car. Don't let them!" urges park service

I misread “car” as “ear” originally

@OhHai

1 Like

no moose shaming

5 Likes

I wouldn’t think of it! I drive a small car and the moose around here might read the BBS for all I know.

7 Likes

4337493-bullwinkle

4 Likes

I once parked a freshly-waxed car in a pasture. Came back a couple hours later and cows had licked most of the wax off.

6 Likes

And what if a previous driver let it lick? Now it’s got a craving for salt, and it doesn’t care if you stop or not.

1 Like

I recommend licking the moose first.

1 Like

No, ears are cool. It’s cars they’re worried about.

2 Likes

To reinforce what @RickMycroft said: It bears noting - this is not just for the Moose’s benefit. When I was a teenager, our family car hit a moose. The car frame bent a bit on the driver’s side of the windshield.

The moose ran away, with no obviously broken legs.

We were lucky - nobody in the car was injured.

3 Likes

The moose-manager cometh.

3 Likes

Some friends were coming back from a convention in a rented van, through upstate New York. They rounded a curve and they were staring up at moose butt. The driver rolled the van, but luckily missed the moose, because that butt would have cleared out at least the first two seats. And then it would have been pissed off.

5 Likes

4 Likes

Came here specifically for that. Ready to be sacked now.

2 Likes

We apologise for the lack of sackings. Those responsible for not sacking you have been sacked.
Also, you’re sacked.

:llama:

7 Likes

I read this three time, in confusion, because each time I read “Moose may like your ear. Don’t let them!”

1 Like

I’d rather not argue with a 800 lb./300 kg (At least…) mass of bone and muscle. (And sometimes, antlers!)

They thought it was a chocolate moose.

1 Like

Reading that headline provoked an image in my mind of someone getting out of their car and swatting the moose over the nose with a rolled up newspaper whilst shouting, “Bad Moose, Bad Moose!”.

A tragedy that this did not get recirculated to the ends of the Internet and back.

6 Likes

2 Likes