More promises an ugly truck will enter production

I suppose most have transitioned to them at this stage. Been electric here for years. Delivery vans are the obvious use for EVs. Tesla are a totally different beast: dick measuring cars. That’s why they are the fifth most popular brand of EV around here. Most people don’t have the money to spend on a car which is just for show.

6 Likes

We can’t have nice things here while DeJoy refuses to step down. He is intentionally fucking things up for decades

11 Likes

Yeah, I was thinking about that but it’s just so rage inducing. Running something basic like the post on the sole principle of “owning the libs”? I mean don’t people have jobs to do instead?

Delivery vans were always the obvious use for EVs. Fleets constantly working and which require less and less expensive maintenance and have lower running costs? Obvious things are obvious. The one extra pound weight on those right wing extremist-mobiles for the US postal service just shows that there is no level of doing your job badly the extremist nutsacks won’t stoop to in order to own the libs.

Get a life.

14 Likes

[Milk floats have entered the chat]

7 Likes

Rivian has developed a delivery van exclusively for Amazon.

9 Likes

On my way to work today I saw a VW Id.Buzz for the first time. It was a tradesman’s van. A bit of overkill if you ask me, considering the price point, but hey, a change from the Maxus e van I posted above for the Norwegian post, which is what all the other tradesmen here drive.

10 Likes

I loved the visceral feel of your screen cracking when you were killed.

11 Likes

You still can in a short-bed truck with the tailgate down and a cage. The advantages of current truck designs are that you can haul the crew to the site and the truck isn’t 25 feet long. Logging crews around here love the newer crew-cab-short-box layouts. Carpooling means you have one quarter as many vehicles clogging up the site every day. Important for dense urban construction, mining, and logging sites.

6 Likes

Nailed it!

11 Likes

Quite possibly!

8 Likes

6 Likes

8 Likes

There is one EV truck out there with a Tesla badge :wink:

10 Likes

Now lets race 'em!

3 Likes

Rivians started showing up around here at the start of the school year. Both the trucks and the SUV. I suspect a high percentage of their pre-orders were here, in SE Michigan.

Bezos is switching his fleet to electric. This was in the news monts ago. USPS had a contract to go electric, but the shithead TFG appointed Post Master General cancelled the contract. :face_with_symbols_over_mouth:

3 Likes

Are you asking if there are lots of republicans with excess money who waste it in ways specifically designed to make themselves as offensive and belligerent to polite society as possible?

coal GIF

https://electrek.co/2022/12/12/tesla-becoming-partisan-brand-survey/

5 Likes

Oh, right, I remember watching her build that! It’s WAY better looking than their stupid cyber truck. :slight_smile:

5 Likes

That’s pretty old news now, the USPS fleet electrification is back on.

13 Likes

Thank Dog! The sooner my letter carrier can dump his smelly, ancient Jeep, the better! (I sure do hope they’re eliminating the oldest vehicles in the fleet first - this is the same Jeep my former letter carrier was driving when I moved into my house 16 years ago. :flushed:)

6 Likes

Do they not use bikes in the US? The post here does have (electric) vans and has been electric for a few years now but actual house deliveries are done by push bike and the odd electric assist bike.

Amazon has been electric here for a couple of years. Off the peg electric vans. Nothing fancy.

It’s the freelancers that aren’t electric. Capital v running costs hit them.

5 Likes