More than 30 people burned during Tony Robbins "motivational" firewalk

6 Likes

Not the first time as mass fire-walk has gone wrong. An attempt at the world record in NZ ended up costing more on medical treatment than they raised for the St. Johns.

http://www.smh.com.au/articles/2004/07/12/1089484270681.html

2 Likes

How many times does Tony Robbins get to harm people like this?

And you never hear of any lawsuits that result from this. The burned people will probably blame themselves and not Tony. Head hanging down, they’ll admit: “No, no, it was my fault-- I didn’t unleash enough power within.”

3 Likes

Somebody wasn’t believing hard enough

3 Likes

Just guessing that everybody realized that they’d waived any right to sue only after the fact.

2 Likes

Normally I’m firmly opposed to eugenics, but…

I never got the idea of being inspired by doing something that everyone else can do.

1 Like

No.

That’s just conjecture. There’s hard data that shows a statistically significant correlation people don’t like to admit.

5 Likes

Actually they were too motivated - willing to step onto a fire without knowing what they were doing…

(I do give these motivational seminars a bit of slack about firewalking - the physics means it usually works, whether you’re believing in woo-woo nonsense or not, but you still have to psych yourself into being willing to step onto something that’s obviously fire.)

1 Like

Why do these people always look like unbelievable arseholes?

2 Likes

Given a stage, their inner psychopath will always come out :wink:

Ten years later, this is still my favorite rendition:

1 Like

Right. They don’t have a leg to stand on.

5 Likes

This topic was automatically closed after 5 days. New replies are no longer allowed.