Morrissey says Miley Cyrus wants off his new record which is in limbo anyway because Moz just split with his label

Originally published at: Morrissey says Miley Cyrus wants off his new record which is in limbo anyway because Moz just split with his label | Boing Boing

7 Likes

I don’t think i’ve ever heard a single Morrissey song, so i think i’m nailing the ignoring him part.

20 Likes

Heaven knows he’s a miserable human being now

24 Likes

cyanide and happiness comedy GIF

23 Likes

They don’t find him such a charming man anymore.

17 Likes

I’m still hoping that he exits stage 30m off ground, I know, I know it’s serious.

13 Likes

“Ignore me,” he pleaded constantly since 1991, unable to understand that we really did want him to shut the fuck up and go away.

19 Likes

Given that it seems like he’s been quite publicly problematic for a while now, I’m surprised she ever agreed to record the vocals for him in the first place. Unless she did it a very long time ago, I don’t know what’s changed.

13 Likes

There’s very little here that surprises from Johnny Marr’s singer.

9 Likes

I would guess she (or perhaps one of her managers) didn’t do the due diligence, and also this might have been for some “assorted artists” side compilation or similar. However it happened, good on her for correcting it.

13 Likes

Oh I wanna play too:
Stop Me If You Think You’ve Heard My Shit Before
Last of the Racist International Assholes
Some Jerks Are Bigger Than Others
There Is a Prat Who Never Shuts Up

14 Likes

Why would she record it in the first place? He’s been racist for years.

7 Likes

I can see Morrissey’s point; I mean, what contribution did Johnny Marr ever make to the success of the Smiths? :face_with_hand_over_mouth:

10 Likes

Pointing Laughing GIF

1 Like

Wait for it…

9 Likes

5 Likes

The second half of Louder Than Bombs—starting with “Ask”—is some good stuff if you’re into that kind of thing

Too bad Moz turned out to be such a shit IRL

7 Likes

That kind of thing does happen.

3 Likes

Ben Folds wrote a song about his:

3 Likes

So, who is this guy anyway?

6 Likes