Seems like Morrissey's long overdue cancelation might be on it's way finally

Currently in the middle of a residency at the Lunt-Fontanne Theater on Broadway, Morrissey stopped by The Tonight Show Starring Jimmy Fallon last night to run through his cover of Jobriath’s “Morning Starship,” as included on California Sun , his upcoming album consisting of mostly covers (out May 24). As Stereogum points out, Morrissey’s performance also included a guest appearance by the right-wing extremist party For Britain, in the form of a pin on the former Smiths singer’s lapel. It takes zooming in on a high-definition photo from the performance to be sure, but the image on the pin is definitely the notoriously anti-Muslim party’s trident logo:

2 Likes

Seems like Morrissey’s long overdue cancelation might be on it’s way finally

Because he’s performing on US TV during his Broadway residency?

He doesn’t seem to be going away.

ETA:

2 Likes

I hadn’t been paying attention really to any other controversies with him, and the thing I had heard- about him wanting venues he played in to not serve meat - I was totally cool with. Eccentric yeah but not really a big deal considering most people just drink beer at shows and you could get a burger fore you arrive if it’s so important to you. But no, I’m not really down with racist Britain first garbage. Wtf dude.

1 Like

Morrissey’s a douche, but I still love The Smiths.

Johnny Marr was always the heart of the band, anyway; Morrissey was just the egotistical twat whose main role was to decoy the media so that the rest of them could get on with their business without distraction.

Morrissey-free Smithy goodness:

Yup, the meat thing is a choice, hanging with racists, yeah he can go do one.

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.