Most Americans believe Trump has made race relations worse in America: Pew Research

I guess that is one way of describing the Questionable Sources section of Media Bias/Fact Check.

5 Likes

Trump supporters often claim that Obama is the person responsible for strained race relations. I canā€™t figure that out.

4 Likes

I wonder what the correlation between these is. Like, among people who felt it was more acceptable to say racist things, how many think things have gotten better?

1 Like

I hesitate to give Il Douche credit for this particular phenomenon. He probably did not make it worse, just more visible. It predated him and will outlast him. He was able to ride this tiger to the white house, but did not create it. In medical terms, Trump is the pain in the ass, and treating that pain may make us feel better, but the pain was caused by a cancer that is eating us up from the inside. Until we deal with that, we are not getting anywhere.

8 Likes

ā€œtrump done gave us the n-word passā€

2 Likes

Trump using the N-word wouldnā€™t lose him many supporters but it would result in more of his supporters openly, gleefully using the N-word in public.

7 Likes

They see the presidency as belonging to white men in America, and Obama upset that by being black in the white houseā€¦

12 Likes

Iā€™d strongly argue that itā€™s both, simultaneously.

Youā€™re correct that 45 didnā€™t invent willful ignorance, flagrant bigotry and systemic racism, but he sure as hell helped normalize it and spread its resurgence.

I long for the day when this quote is no longer relevant:

16 Likes

I agree. His overt racism has brought existing racists out of the woodwork, enabling them to further spread and normalize ideas that were once socially taboo and thus get even more people on Team Racism than they might have otherwise.

12 Likes

I wonder what the poll numbers are on Americans thinking water is wet, or that fire is hotā€¦?

1 Like

Is there anything Trump hasnā€™t made worse?

1 Like

Real estate?

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed after 5 days. New replies are no longer allowed.