Most of the 2024 U. S. Presidential candidates have underwhelming taste in music

I would add

to the list of songs Im suprised a GOP candidate hasn’t misinterpreted as a great theme :wink:

4 Likes

Definitely, that was the next level, although there was no level Ronald Reagan could have gone to that would have gotten him around these:

Sorry for posting here.

4 Likes

Anybody who has Saul Williams on their list has got my vote!

You could have killed your chances completely by including McCarthy - Charles Windsor (or the Manic Street Preachers cover) instead.

I could give you a long winded explanation of music and how it relates to pattern matching, math, and emotional response, and how that connects to things like creativity, emotional intelligence, and open mindedness, but the short answer is yeah.

A person with a list of favorite books isn’t guaranteed to be smarter than someone who doesn’t read, but it’s still a pretty reliable indicator.

There are two kinds of people in the world: Those who love ABBA, and those who won’t admit that they love ABBA.

4 Likes

Case in point: Nikki Haley put Hozier’s Take Me To Church on her list. Anyone wanna bet that she thinks the song is actually about going to church?

3 Likes

Out of curiosity, I decided to look at my top 20 on Spotify from 2022. It reflects 2 things. Songs I listened to a lot because I like them, and songs I listened to a lot because I was trying to learn to play them on guitar.

1. Playing God - Polyphia
  2. Over the Hills and Far Away - Led Zeppelin
  3. Blackbird - the Beatles
  4. Dust in the Wind - Kansas
  5. Carry on Wayward Son - Kansas
  6. It’s the End of the World As We Know It - REM
  7. The Crunge - Led Zeppelin
  8. Old School Rules - Dangerdoom (Danger Mouse, MF Doom, Talib Kweli
  9. yankee and the brave (ep. 4) - Run the Jewels
  10. Lazaretto - Jack White
  11. Voodoo Child (Slight Return) - Stevie Ray Vaughan
  12. War Pigs - Cake
  13. G.O.A.T. - Polyphia
  14. Taking Me Back - Jack White
  15. Running Up That Hill - Kate Bush
  16. When the Levee Breaks - Led Zeppelin
  17. An Infinite Regression - Animals As Leaders
  18. Behind Blue Eyes - The Who
  19. Doesn’t Remind Me - Audioslave
  20. Hang You from the Heavens - The Dead Weather

Now, if I were to make a list of the 20 songs that instantly bring me joy, probably only a few songs from this list make it. Playing God for sure, Blackbird, the Crunge, Old School Rules maybe, and Doesn’t Remind Me. It would take me a bit to finish out that list, but off the top of my head, Sinnerman by Nina Simone is absolutely on that list, Tempus Fugit by Yes, Driver 8 by REM, and Give Me One Reason by Tracy Chapman.

My post was for any “younglings” here who were not aware of Reagan’s history. :frowning_with_open_mouth: I guess I should have prefaced my posts better.

This topic was automatically closed after 5 days. New replies are no longer allowed.