Mother names children Metallica, Slayer, and Pantera

And after all that, Charlie is what he settled on as a diminutive?

5 Likes

Slayer barely stands out with names like trapper, trigger, carver, hunter… Perhaps in the future people will name their kids things like engineer, programmer, and analyst.

Pantera kind of works too imo. It’s odd but honestly not that odd.

4 Likes

… This is my son “Mastodon”.

5 Likes

Would you say that judgement is loud…or Quiet?

[I’ll let myself out]

4 Likes

Why did you name him after a distributed social platform, ya weirdo!?

3 Likes

It was that or C++ Edward Smithson.

1 Like

Seems like a super classy lady.

1 Like

This kiwi just scanned a dozen boingboing headlines and after clicking on this one for shits and giggles was surprised/not surprised to learn the mum was also a kiwi.

Although the word “bogan” has slightly different connotations in Australia and New Zealand it’s nice to confirm my long held assumption that there’s a little bogan in all of us down-under folks.

Could always be worse names for kids.

Respect to this Kiwi Mum.

5 Likes

Well, “Tool” seemed a little insulting…

4 Likes

My sentiments exactly; I’ve heard way worse names, especially in my job, processing people’s life insurance paperwork.

4 Likes

Dontcha just love the moms who named their daughters after the booze they were drinking when they got knocked up? While working at the bookstore I got job applications from young ladies named Tequila, Shardonnay, Martell, and many others I’m grateful I’ve forgotten.

New Order has similar connotations too (despite the band emphasising that is was not a nod to fascism).

If you only look at their latest discography its easy to forget that their earliest albums are quintessential examples of thrash. Slayer, Metallica, Anthrax and Megadeth are often cited as “The Big Four” of thrash metal.

1 Like

Indeed; personally, I had a whole ‘laundry list’ of names of that were “unacceptable” for consideration when I was preggers, and right at the top was “no alcohol, cars or company labels/brands.”

(Because I have totally known women who were named Brandy, Lexus and Nautica.)

4 Likes

This topic was automatically closed after 5 days. New replies are no longer allowed.