Mother of Parkland shooting victim writes a new children's book about her child's murder

Originally published at: Mother of Parkland shooting victim writes a new children's book about her child's murder | Boing Boing

3 Likes

Holy shit.

Good on her, that’s an horrific reason to write a book but I hope it helps.

21 Likes

Oof. This is powerful.

Sadly TheOnion probably has the right of it though:

8 Likes

This must have been so painful to write. And the worst thing is that we can send it to all the politicians we want- it won’t do a thing. They’ve already proved time and time and time again that they’re perfectly fine with kids being gunned down. Even if they bother to read it, it won’t penetrate their soulless shells.

I’d like to believe that maybe it could reach some actual right-wing citizens who continue to put their right to own bangsticks above human lives, but based on past behavior the only action they’ll take is to try to get the book banned.

4 Likes

The word “powerful” isn’t strong enough to describe this.

The video is masterfuly done. Chilling, as it should be.

5 Likes

And of course there are those who have lived through multiple too.

2 Likes

Will probably be banned from schools…

7 Likes

It is a book for adults, but perhaps appropriate for teens on up with guidance.

2 Likes

Seems a bit weird to not let kids read the lesson plan before the practical test.

10 Likes

This will be immediately banned in every state south of the Mason Dixon line, and Arizona…

2 Likes

Make it a million.

1 Like

Especially poignant with the “Why Everyone Needs an AR-15” books they’re hawking for children.

3 Likes

Like several young adults attending classes at MSU a couple months ago. At least one survived Parkland. A few others survived Oxford high school. It’s so massively unfair for any kid to ever experience one mass shooting. :sob:

9 Likes

First in FLA, they’ll even make a parade out of it, and discredit her son at the same time. At least that is the vibe i’m getting from that administration and all its recent foibles.

A lot of ammosexuals are puerile fantasist, so maybe this will get through to some of them.

3 Likes

This topic was automatically closed after 5 days. New replies are no longer allowed.