Mother renames her son to match her misspelled tattoo of his original name

OK, I found out what I remember seeing:

ETA - Iceland and Denmark have actual approved names on a list.

Kris Kelvin is the main character in Stanislaw Lem’s Solaris. Which is pretty fucking cool (ha!)

I guess there are no Moon Units in Sweden…

A guy in Minnesota tried to change his name to a number back in 1978, and it was denied. (I knew someone who had known the guy at the time, so I had heard of him. I thought just now that I’d see if I could find an old article about him, and funnily enough, someone just wrote about it again a few months ago—kind of a look back at local history, I guess.) He wanted to change it to “1069”— apparently “One Zero Six Nine” would have been allowed, but he wanted digits not words.

My twin brother named one of his sons Kevin, but always calls him Kelvin.

well, he’s only 5… Kelvin, so super cool.

But as he ages, he’s slowly becoming a warmer person (and more active as well!).

Yup-yup.

imagehttps://images2.laweekly.com/imager/did-suge-knight-really-dangle-vanilla-ice/u/original/2466082/vanillaicefortop.jpg

We have a winner, folks.

Dude, chill!

I wonder what age he’ll be when he googles his name and finds this story.

That’s a logical choice, assuming that the Swedish health care system doesn’t cover tattoo removal but does pay for therapy.

Whit this name the kid will surely be emplyed by the famous Swedish home appliance manufacturer.

good for you.

I on the other hand agree with the parents that Kelvin is a way cooler name than Kevin.

I do, to a certain degree.

You can, however, change your first name to a single letter. (Got a family friend named P.)

Poor kid - out of the frying pan into the fire.

On the other hand:

At some point they may have regerts

I think they made the best decision.

This topic was automatically closed after 5 days. New replies are no longer allowed.