Motorcyclist exacts revenge on bottle thrower

Yeah, the guy on the bike is crazy…but at least he’s not fancy pants crazy

(if the link doesn’t catch it, start at about 2:45)

1 Like

Also hated the ending of Electra Glide in Blue

3 Likes

Spoiler.

20 Likes

Sorry. It’s been out since '69.

Watch it anyway kiddies!

14 Likes

Or, it could be titled “exhibit A” in the assault trial of both parties. Take down the plate number, back away, and call the police. Don’t prove intent and prior planning by filming yourself searching for just the right rock.

5 Likes

I agree. But also don’t pretend that there’s no justification for the motorcyclist’s reaction.

4 Likes

I spend a lot of time on motorcycles. I am completely with him on that, but his response was unwise, even if it was emotionally satisfying.

8 Likes

It would have been so much more poetic (and justifiable) if the motorcyclist had picked up that same bottle and thrown it back at him. Also, why has nobody posted this yet??

14 Likes

I saw some video of a guy practicing wheelies in a near empty parking lot, and a lady who worked at one of the stores came out to warn him that he should be careful because there were rednecks around who would just shoot him off the side of the road.

1 Like

There was no “justification” - which is “the action of showing something to be right or reasonable.”

There was a cause for his reaction, but in no way was it justified.

11 Likes

I can’t help feeling that the entire video is “Part 2”, or maybe even “Part 3”, of the actual story.

They’re flipping each other off at the beginning, which makes me think something significant has already happened. The motorcyclist specifically speeds up to flip off the mini-van, prompting the passenger to throw the water bottle. That’s crazy escalation if we assume the start of the video is the start of the incident.

Maybe that really is the entire incident, but it feels like there’s far, far more to the story.

8 Likes

If BB could refrain from posting the ephemera of America’s small-town white-trash problems that would be great.

4 Likes

Unfortunately, there are loads of small towns with white trash problems in America. Now in DC too.

2 Likes

Only 33 replies? I thought we’d be up to 150+ by now.

ETA: Biker was a newbie. ALWAYS have the rocks in your pockets.

9 Likes

What I took from this video is never engage with an angry driver, no gestures, no yelling.

Just slow down and let them get by.

My practice of avoiding conflict has worked out pretty well so far.

11 Likes

Well, the cyclist only threw a rock at someone’s window, if he’d split a lane that would be a different story.

15 Likes

Goddamn it people are assholes – that’s directed at the minivan primarily … and stupid – that’s directed at the motorcyclist primarily.

Why not just call the cops on the minivan? There’s a good chance someone in that van has a warrant, or it’s got a headlight out, or it’s not registered, or they’ve been drinking, or they’ve got a – what to the kids call it today? – a doobie? Plus that’s not illegal.

Edit: Who knows what happened before the filming started. They could all be equally stupid and asinine .

6 Likes

No. There was no DOCUMENTATION of the justification. That’s not evidence that there is one, and no logical basis to say “in no way was it justified.” There’s no way it was justified from the paltry evidence actually available to you. I really don’t see how that could be a distinction you’d need explained. It’s amazing how much somebody will assume, in the pursuit of that thrill of feeling superior.

Now I have this vision of gigantic tops being spun, like Rover knockoffs out of some bizarre Prisoner sequel, down the road in pursuit of traffic offenders.

1 Like

Even if we take the bottle throwing as attempted murder, that doesn’t justify taking 20 mins to track the minivan down and throwing a rock through the window.

Guy should have just called the police on the minivan and gone on his way.

8 Likes