Motorcyclist exacts revenge on bottle thrower

@frauenfelder

I read boingboing because it offers wonderful solutions, insights into difficult issues and moments of smiling. This post of your was none of the above.

;-(

2 Likes

Totally worked out for the van bastard. Or does being a bastard only work about 50% of the time?

3 Likes

Everyone in this video is a case study in stupidity.

4 Likes

As long as I get to go last at being a dick, I’m ok with this.

2 Likes

I’m not sold on the law just being something I should agree is “good”.

2 Likes

I have concluded on no other evidence than this video that both of these people voted for Trump.

Risky. Illegal. Applaudable.

2 Likes

True, if throwing the water bottle at the motorcycle is “attempted murder” (which it most likely isn’t, at best attempted manslaughter), then so is throwing the rock at the driver of the minivan. Both motorists in this video perform a serious crime that could have ended with the death of a human being and in no way should that be considered “okay”.

The only valid response of the driver of the motorcycle is to take his “dashcam” footage of the incident to the police and press charges.

2 Likes

There’s always the risk to yourself involved in calling the cops, mind. Not condoning crazy rock-throwing guy, but, y’know.

5 Likes

Not to condone violence, but you’re condoning violence? I’m kind of confused on that point. Throwing a rock through a glass window at a high rate of speed is somehow morally superior to throwing a bottle of water at someone at a high rate of speed? I guess I don’t see that. He had it on video, along with the license plate: he could have called the police (especially since we hear his phone and he tailed them for twenty minutes). We also have no context for what started the conflict in the first place: for all we know, he was nearly killed by them (unlikely since he would have put that in the video) or he may have done something that nearly got them killed…or they may be racist, he may be a homophobe…we just don’t know. But being proud of ‘getting revenge’? Not something I’d sign on to being OK with, personally.

2 Likes

insight into what you might not do is at least as useful as insight into what you might do.

I stand corrected.

I stand corrected, thanks for pointing that out.

Like the good ol’ boys needed a reason to begin with.

They’re not going to have some escalating Looney Tunes war with painted cliff walls and Acme brand TNT.

The saga won’t be complete until we see the videos from the van, and various other cars that caught parts of the incident, for that whole Rashomon thing.

1 Like

This should have been titled “Psychotic Cycle Shithead Proves he Should be Locked Up.” He brought it on himself. First he flips off the van for no apparent reason, then he deliberately speeds up to lock in right alongside them, giving them reason to think he’s about to do something crazy. He stalked them for 20 minutes for God’s sake?! This guy is clearly insane and should be in a straightjacket instead of on a motorcycle.__

No, they’ll just swerve into the lane of some other motorcyclist and possibly kill her. All in good fun, right? Where do you think these “unprovoked” attacks come from?

1 Like

Full-fledged vandalism is justified by a potentially dangerous act that ultimately caused no harm?

Would be nice to see the video of the previous couple minutes though, seems strange that the van passenger would have just flipped off the motorcyclist for no reason, and really strange that the motorcyclist seemed to take such offense at a seemingly random act.

Also, what the heck’s the sense in damaging the DRIVER’s vehicle when it’s the passenger that pissed you off?

1 Like

You’re applying that to everything now, I’m sure…

1 Like

It is a pretty big reminder of how terrible much of America and the modern world is, ya.

2 Likes