'Motors'

God, those things are terrifying

One of the less goofy looking electric bikes that I’ve seen:

5 Likes

The styling is pretty nice but it’s got a 45 mph top speed, which is a bit slow for a bike that’s about $6,650. The Zero FX is about $9,000 and goes 85 mph.

But if you never want to ride in a highway then maybe the British bike is the better choice. It certainly does look nicer.

4 Likes

Also, the 2021 production run is sold out. I hope that’s a good thing, even though the RM1 is not quite what I’d want. I’m at the edge of a metro area and would want plenty of range with highway speeds available. The Zero FX comes close, especially if you spring for the 7.2 kWh version, and it looks like it would be good on light trails as well.

If I were in the city, it would be a different story. Something like the Maeving, or even an electric Vespa, would be nice for getting around town.

1 Like

Too slow… the range would be enough for my daily commute, but that usually includes a stretch of Autobahn and/or B-road - anything slower than 60 mph and the lorries become a problem.

5 Likes

Yep. Too damn slow.

But you’d look good.

3 Likes

Autonomy.

2 Likes

Australian army? What’s the fucking point? Anyone wants to invade leave them to the wildlife!

And the drop bears of course.

9 Likes

Remember the Australian army lost a war against Emus. What chance would outsiders have?

Also I’ve driven many a mile in an M113. The brakes are VERY grabby! Many a track commander lost teeth on the .50 cal mount when a driver stepped on the brakes unexpectedly

7 Likes

I’d surrender. From the fastest Ute I could get onto.

Emus are badass. I believe. Don’t want to find out

8 Likes

I’d like to see a scenario where those APCs are attacked by a swarm of cheap little drones that blind their sensors and jam their data & comm links.

6 Likes

That claw would disembowel a person.

8 Likes
7 Likes
7 Likes

Sounds like a strange mix of nostalgia, escapism and cowboy cosplay…

6 Likes

Might be driven by the mystique of what I call “vintage cool”. Then there’s a kind of overcompensation when some things get withheld, such as the new Toyota Land Cruiser. Much older – and well kept – versions are fetching sellers’ market prices (it’s been like that for a while) but even more so since the announcment that the 2022 LC will not be sold in North America. Given human nature, I suspect that bit of news upped the number of potential used buyers willing to fork out (for example) $40K for a 40-year-old LC.

2 Likes

Still the benchmark.

8 Likes

2 Likes

The death of tanks has been predicted ever since they were first used, in 1916, at the Battle of Somme. I will believe it when I see it.

1 Like

Here’s the arms race: Someone creates a weapon, someone creates a way to destroy, someone works out a way to prevent destruction, and so on.

1 Like