'Motors'

Yoink!

3 Likes

Moving too slow on the EV front for the shareholders & union shareholders.

3 Likes
3 Likes

Weeeee!

2 Likes
5 Likes

4 Likes

General Motors goes electric with $2.5b US government loan for battery plants

The US Department of Energy is set to hand General Motors’ subsidiary $2.5 billion in loans to help finance the construction of three new EV battery cell plants across the midwest.

The recipient of the money is Ultium Cells LLC, a joint venture between GM and South Korean chaebol LG, which will use the money to assist in the construction of facilities in Lordstown, Ohio, Spring Hill, Tennessee, and Lansing, Michigan. The facilities are expected to produce a total of 6,000 construction jobs and 5,100 operational jobs, the DoE said.

[…]

4 Likes

Failure to turn around Volkswagen’s software unit seems to have cost CEO Herbert Diess his job in the latest struggle to see the German carmaker modernize its organization.

[…]

3 Likes

Motor… less

7 Likes

I would never buy a car from this company.

7 Likes

That is a dick move. Wow. He knows other people make electric cars right?

5 Likes
4 Likes

Make better cars.

4 Likes

It looks like the Gol.

4 Likes

He may be counting on his — albeit fast ebbing — tech-god cum rocketman aura. Ego can be a terrible drug.

4 Likes

They’ve been pulling this kind of crap for years, which is even pissing off the Telsa dealers. Hard to believe that the reputational hit that they’re getting as a result is worth the extra money they’re squeezing out of these folks.

7 Likes

I’m fairly certain that Tesla salespeople cannot be called dealers. There’s no dealing involved, and the “dealerships” are simply Tesla stores. :blush:

1 Like

Ok, the third-party car dealers who sell used Teslas then. The one in the article I linked to bought it directly from Tesla at auction.

4 Likes

Hey look! a round LCD screen!

Just asking for an Eye of Sauron treatment!

4 Likes

Last night my kids were watching The Love Bug and were amazed to see that George Banks had a job as a car salesman, which I had completely forgotten about. Guess that’s where he landed after getting sacked by the Dawes Tomes Mousley Grubs Fidelity Fiduciary Bank?

He’s even wearing the same red carnation!

3 Likes