'Motors'

https://www.thedrive.com/news/checkmate-gas-prices-meet-this-custom-75-mpg-geo-metro

2 Likes

The body should have been properly wrapped.

That goes without saying - but doesn’t answer my question.

2 Likes
3 Likes

This midwesterner’s guess (US, obvs) would be tornado/water spout. 30k of angry clouds can do crazy things.

3 Likes

Dear Santa,

I want all the retrofits.

Thanks!

Have some cookies!

3 Likes
3 Likes
3 Likes

Yeah, I’m not a fan of that face either. Why the hell are automakers so afraid to make any models with happily looking faces these days? Maybe some people out there prefer angry vehicles but probably not the ones who are looking for a new VW Bus.

1 Like

There is/was the Chinese Chery QQ.

It is our timeline. We live in the gritty one.

Some of the vehicles in Mad Max: Fury Road don’t even look as angry as your typical sedan these days. Look at this guy, having a great ol’ time:

3 Likes

Even a vehicle that looks something like Gritty would be preferable over the front ends on most cars. Why so mean looking?

Ice Hockey Sport GIF by NHL

7 Likes

I saw this ridiculously beat-up VW Scirocco today.

7 Likes

I love it!

The rear swim platform is a special touch. I would be tempted to deck it in teak.

6 Likes

I had a buddy back at college who’s favorite car on Earth was the Scirocco. Was this taken in Milwaukee? Could be his!

@DukeTrout: Certainly you’re familiar with a “crash” bumper?! My 280Z was equipped with crash bumpers, they were great for parallel parking.

3 Likes

Certainly! Just that the angle of that photo accentuates the crash bumper into the kind of platform that looks like it belongs on an ocean-going sailboat!

3 Likes

Central MO. I wish I’d got a pic of the interior… It looked like a sirocco wind had blown through for years.

Looks like a 1987 16-valve. The shelf-like bumpers were a thing

cbcce2d953145dc3762aded6d3f28a3e83142da8

4 Likes

Guigario and his ruler sure styled a lot of cars like that back in the 70s.

4 Likes

11 Likes

I’m a little disappointed they didn’t go towards the other end of the spectrum too:

3 Likes