'Motors'

2 Likes

Ok, who leaves one of these in a barn for three decades??

“I left something, somewhere. I, I just can’t put my finger on it…”

3 Likes

Someone who fancies to die like James Dean and plans ahead?

4 Likes
7 Likes

Will I cross post this in the workers’ unions thread?

6 Likes

Hell yes! Please do.

5 Likes
2 Likes

At least my package will be delivered in time. :woman_shrugging:

2 Likes

4 Likes

It may be a spec/application issue with the nuts and/or bolts, in which case they’d have to be replaced.

Addendum: Not everyone knows how to properly torque and with suitable verification of the torque values. If Toyota wants to cover their butts by having certified trained mechs do the torquing (if the final torques at the factory is the ONLY problem) then that’s their call. But – hopefully – the loosening is not related to suspension characteristics that lead to the loosening with that prompting the need for stronger fasteners. All that said, Toyota says the bolts are loosening… not the nuts. Oh, boy.

2 Likes

I was just in SF and was amazed how many Waymo vehicles were driving through the neighborhood. Seemed like one went by the house about every 3 minutes. As far as I’ve heard Waymo hasn’t had the same glitches that Cruise and Telsa have with their vehicles, but it would still be nice if the general public had some say in whether or not we have to share the streets with these things when they’re still being beta tested.

5 Likes

Lives before profits?

Are you crazy, man?

5 Likes

Is it safe to hose out the boot of a Honda Civic?
(Asking for a friend.)

6 Likes

The only civic I am completely familiar with was the 1st gen my grandmother owned. Evidence suggests you shouldn’t expose those things to water at all.

4 Likes

We had a second gen, which we sold at 250,000+ miles I think? Was still going 10 years later, as the buyer was a friend. Ours at least, was not more rust prone than any other car of that era.

4 Likes

Oh, yeah, later civics are incredible. In fact so are the early ones. They just dissolved in water. Actually, there’s a weird old car fan lives at the other end of my street had one of those Triumphs from the early 80s that was just a badge engineered Prelude for a few months. I was quite excited to see it. Well, what there was left of it, as it was rusty enough to poke holes in with your finger.

4 Likes
4 Likes

Having both of these (uncombined) vehicles in my stable, this continues to warm the cockles of my heart:

There’s A BMW E30 Hiding Underneath This Volvo Amazon Hot Rod • Petrolicious

4 Likes
6 Likes

Interesting European based prototype:

(Personally opposed to the TV addition. Get off the grid people. Tune out. Turn off while camping!)

4 Likes