'Motors'

Yes (or a 220 as they also referred to the wagons/kombis).

4 Likes

Espia só…

9 Likes
6 Likes

Looks like the B-2’s fatter cousin.

Its odd to see the aircraft being named for an event, namely the Doolittle raid on Japan in 1942.

B-21 is just asking to be called “Blackjack” but that name is used for a Russian bomber.

6 Likes

It really is an impressive machine. But from what I read, all this cutting-edge technology imposed some restrictions on the operation of the aircraft.

But this shouldn’t be a serious problem. I think they spent a lot of money on developing the plane and they will sort out the logistical issues.

An event that achieved poor results from a strictly material point of view, but which was very valuable psychologically. It boosted US morale and wreaked significant havoc on Japanese minds.

3 Likes

Low-observable aircraft already have a ton of restrictions imposed on their operation to maintain their stealth capability. The JSF users have had to struggle with these limitations too.

6 Likes

Still, the gains outweigh the losses. If they do not research/develop/build such machines, nations that aspire to global leadership will be left behind.

4 Likes
4 Likes
6 Likes

“We snuck into a PepsiCo parking lot to see what the new Tesla Semi is all about. Turns out, when you look under the hood, it’s two Rivians duct-taped together.”

9 Likes

The insurance industry is bound to step in here for a word or two.

2 Likes

Given the long history of justifiable skepticism generated when comparatively standard concept cars designs are revealed, I don’t think even Lancia’s concept-of-a-concept offering should especially be singled out for criticism. I’m actually intrigued and wonder how this shape will be modified to accept the missing car stuff — or vice versa?

3 Likes

I think this (whatever this is) is not so much meant to lead up to an actual car as to create a media buzz. But it Stellantis is planning to revive as an auto brand I’m all for it.

2 Likes

The design effort reminds me of the stuff that Luigi Colani regularly pumped out. Being a brilliantly creative and prolific industrial designer, he tackled conveyances of all types, be they in space, on the ground, or in-between; and many common objects turned extraordinary.

(264) Pinterest
(264) Pinterest

2 Likes

They’re building a one-seater version now?

8 Likes

He influenced a lot of industrial designers. And the designs that actually got built usually worked. I used to see one of his trucks pretty often on my commute in the early 2000s. Which was both nice and annoying because it showed how, let’s say conservative all the other trucks were.

4 Likes

12 Likes

In my best Australian accent: “Now this is a bus!”

5 Likes

Depends on which results you care about. It didn’t do much direct material damage but it did cause the Imperial Navy (which had previously made assurances that the homeland was completely safe from attack) to inefficiently redeploy significant military resources from other theaters of the war to prevent a repeat. Not a bad result for the loss of 15 (out of 16) planes and only 11 out of 80 airmen captured or killed. There were plenty of bombing runs later in the war that had higher casualties and probably less of an effect on the outcome of the war.

2 Likes

Check It Out Would You GIF by chelsiekenyon

6 Likes