'Motors'

If you can’t trust Elon Musk.

8 Likes

Exactly.

7 Likes

Repeating myself, but any “trolley problem” scenarios will be decided by a subroutine checking who signed up for the premium subscription service and who uses the “free” version. Assuming the software steering the vehicle(s) even notices that there is a “trolley problem” scenario in the first place.

5 Likes

ET57qgdU8AEprnm

13 Likes

Cross post

11 Likes

It’s a good thing that Teslas don’t suddenly erupt with high-intensity, uncontrollable fires when they abruptly stop and get run into. /s

In all seriousness, this is Musk’s tryout for the Legion of Supervillains, right?

5 Likes

… he claims to be homeless, and used to own a company that dug gigantic tunnels, and yet no one asks him about his underground lair :thinking:

8 Likes

I think he’s a legacy.

4 Likes
3 Likes

If I can keep my job I will have a nicer ride in few years.

9 Likes

Rolls-Royce, EasyJet fire up first hydrogen-fueled jet engine

5 Likes
3 Likes

Lockheed proposed an L-1011 TriStar that would’ve used hydrogen as fuel ([1], [2] – these wouldn’t onebox). (A hydrogenated TriStar?) And come to think of it, the TriStar used R-R engines…

4 Likes

Dubai #1 was reportedly purchased at auction back in 2008 by billionaire businessman Saeed Abdul Ghafour Khouri for the princely sum of 52.2 UAE dirham (US$14.3 million), setting the record for the most expensive license plate of all time.

Here’s mine:

https://www.amazon.com/License-Crystals-Iridescent-Rhinestones-Sparkly/dp/B08XPB4KH4/ref=asc_df_B08XPB4KH4/?tag=hyprod-20&linkCode=df0&hvadid=507645402699&hvpos=&hvnetw=g&hvrand=4990403629562385049&hvpone=&hvptwo=&hvqmt=&hvdev=c&hvdvcmdl=&hvlocint=&hvlocphy=9008185&hvtargid=pla-1265280674789&psc=1

(Not really)

2 Likes

Theremin-based throttle UI from Look Mum No Computer.

WIRING A CAR TO A THEREMIN - THE THEREMINI - - YouTube

4 Likes

9 Likes

If I was a Bus Guy this would be one on the short list:

As would be this one:

11 Likes

Apropos of nothing, North American market trucks are big. Perhaps slightly oversized for their day to day use.

Was parked in the green wagon pictured above behind a raised truck picking my daughter up from school today. I realized that the roofline was below the upper lip of the tailgate and that there was a non-zero chance of the guy not seeing me should he decide to reverse to get out of his parking spot. Needless to say, I edged a bit further way.

14 Likes

Volvo Amazon?

4 Likes
11 Likes