'Motors'

3 Likes

I’m no expert but even a child could tell that’s not air worthy. To the CGI renderers of high expectations…

osprey_unfold_gfy

10 Likes

But it makes a mean waffle!

3 Likes
9 Likes

I’d buy that. Seriously, I’d buy that.

5 Likes

Behold, Eclipse’s open-source software defined vehicle project

Microsoft is involved. What could possibly go wrong?

https://www.theregister.com/2021/10/28/behold_eclipses_opensource_softwaredefinedvehicle_project/

It’s been a busy week for the Eclipse Foundation, as the group unveiled a new operating system for distributed devices and cracked open the invitation list for an open-source software-defined vehicle project.

The goal of the latter, according to the Foundation, is to create a vendor-agnostic and open-source approach to automotive software development. “Software-defined vehicles,” enthused the group, “will enable vehicle manufacturers as well as automotive suppliers to put software at the very center of vehicle development, with hardware considerations to follow.”

[…]

4 Likes

“Members include Bosch and Microsoft and, while the latter’s involvement might cause some to wonder what form a car designed by Redmond would take”

e0b04033-f5f1-4333-a096-8cc92e2159e3_text

9 Likes

That could be a great solution to the urban commuting “last mile” problem.

3 Likes
2 Likes
2 Likes

70s Gandini is best Gandini.

3 Likes

Smugness? Being quiet is a noise pollution plus.

3 Likes
1 Like

Tempted. Sorely tempted.

4 Likes

Mon ami…

I probably won´t fit in…

10 Likes

Yes, but in truth at 50kph you can’t tell whether an approaching car is petrol, diesel, or electric. The tyre and wind noise is still deafening.

ETA
Electric is a step forward but slower driving, and far less of it, are more important things to make cities livable for people again.

3 Likes

Is it intentionally fit for Minions?!

3 Likes

The small ones.
despicable me 2 minions GIF

5 Likes
3 Likes

What could possibly go right?

6 Likes