'Motors'

CarPlay, Dials and Toggles, a juxtaposition I can get onboard with.

Nice car!

1 Like

The steering wheel is on the wrong side.

3 Likes

IK it’s weird right?

2 Likes

Nonsense.

4 Likes
3 Likes
1 Like
2 Likes
3 Likes
3 Likes
3 Likes

Very marmite looks, but 500HP in a 750 Kilo car is scary…

3 Likes
2 Likes

Maxus Flammae

Should I trust a man who is not a boomer and unironically uses the term information superhighway in 2023?

3 Likes

quark-but-why

It’s nice to get back to nature.

4 Likes

https://www.colani.org/

2 Likes

Worst. Rear. View. Ever.
b34e0cf146440cd88c407aab592b83a0

5 Likes

This intrigued me…
At first I thought this was something that might have been used on something like the Douglas XB-19, but a) as far as I know Douglas usually used Firestone tyres at the time and b) this big wheel appeared about 10 years before the first design sketches for the XB-19 were made.
I don’t think that in 1929 any aircraft existed that would have needed anything like the 46.00-48 - so this might have been a small series to show what Goodyear could do?

3 Likes

They are suggesting it might be people following sat navs. I know in Ireland a lot of high profile cases are because you won’t be chased by the law if you drive down the wrong side of a motorway.

I do note:

Edmund King, president of the AA, said: “The increase in the number of vehicles being driven in the wrong direction on motorways is frightening and can be fatal.

“Various incidents seem to be clearly down to drunk drivers for which there is absolutely no excuse. These drunk drivers should not be on the roads.”

The AA have campaigned and lobbied against drunk driving laws, speed limits, emissions limits, seatbelts, and public transport any and everywhere. Their opinion should not be sought by responsible news organisation.

ETA
They also campaigned against banning lead in petrol. They are reliably wrong on everything and in particular transport economics and road safety and harm reduction related to motoring.

9 Likes

Paging @wazroth

Steve Gooding, director of the RAC Foundation, said: “To most drivers it’s the stuff of nightmares to think that anyone could drive the wrong way down a motorway.

“Yet despite highway engineers’ best efforts to make it hard to mistake the off-ramp for a slip road, these numbers show there’s a lot more work to be done.

Could more be done with technology – perhaps slip-road sensors that trigger roadside warnings?

“The ability of information to be fed to and from our increasingly connected and intelligent cars must create the opportunity for alerts to be generated and displayed within the vehicle.”

5 Likes