'Motors'

Lucky Jon Heder GIF by 20th Century Fox Home Entertainment

3 Likes
4 Likes

I’ve proven that broke folks can drive electric cars

Yeah, but I want this electric car…

2 Likes
3 Likes

Is that a gearshift beside the steering wheel?

3 Likes

It sort of looks like it, yet I’ve never heard of any 30s vehicle that had that kind of setup.

2 Likes

Given the effort necessary to shift gears in cars of that vintage, it doesn’t look practical, but I can’t think what other control would have gates like that.

3 Likes

Photos of the Speedster version of the 851 shows a standard gearshift on the floor and no sign of what we see as the shifter on the Cabriolet.

2 Likes

Sorry, aspiring Lamborghini owners: the Volkswagen-owned supercar biz has reportedly sold out of the remaining pure internal combustion engine (ICE) vehicles it plans to make.

No, that doesn’t mean the venerable Italian maker of flash motors is going under - as a matter of fact it claims to be doing better than ever in 2023, its 60th year of operation. Rather, according to what CEO Stephan Winkelmann told Germany’s Die Welt, anyone ordering a Lambo from now on will be getting a hybrid, or maybe eventually an all-electric, supercar.

[…]

3 Likes

European and Japanese manufacturers have left Russia because of sanctions, so Chinese companies have moved in to fill the gap.

1 Like
6 Likes

Welcome aboard HMS BoingBoing!

4 Likes

I saw something called Maxus last week.

2 Likes

A defunct British brand reborn in China, like MG.

2 Likes

That is a bargain for carpet cleaning!

1 Like

Wish it was a Tamiya Wild One Blockhead Motors version.

2 Likes

9 Likes
1 Like

Deceleration is optional.

4 Likes

Just drop the disc harrow.

4 Likes