'Motors'

Well, the Prius will make it if you replace the entire suspension. I’m at about 120k, still need to finish the front end, but I fully expect Jr. Kidd to drive that POS into the ground. Will that be 200k or 500k? Depends on if he feels like replacing the entire suspension a second time, most likely.

4 Likes

Indeed. You’ll have your very own ship of theseus in the driveway at 200,000 miles

4 Likes

Mostly Toyotas, too. While they are notoriously reliable, I doubt that there’s that much deviation from the mean.

This is also trade-in only. So if someone sells their used car to a dealer but not as a trade-in, it doesn’t count. If they sell it private party, likewise. If they trade it in at 199,999, it doesn’t count. So I wouldn’t take this report as a direct measurement of reliability.

2 Likes

Not sure how long rental car companies keep vehicles in their inventory, but they probably generate a lot of non-crash related repair / reliability information, too.

3 Likes

(Car thefts are up this Summer in NoVa hence the article.)

5 Likes

redarmyscreaming
Hertella Auto Kaffeemachine. This Dash-Mounted Coffee Maker Is Likely the Rarest Volkswagen Accessory.

the-real-numbers
Getting into a KarAkciddent and splashing 3 cups of FükkenScälden all over myself

10 Likes
5 Likes

4 Likes

Citroën CX 25 TRD Turbo

7 Likes

:thinking: This FPP made me wonder…

…if EV or hybrid conversion of an older car is a better option:

6 Likes

From the Goodwood Revival 2023 highlights is this delightful segment. Warning - there is vintage car rubbing and drama.

The vintage clothes are awesome too!

3 Likes

I’m guessing the only concessions to safety in the vintage racers are helmets, belts… and extinguisher bottles under the hoods? Are there safety scrutineers at these races?

2 Likes

Getting to be a regular occurrence for world leaders this plane breakdown thing.

I call it fate sending a message.

4 Likes

I see no helmets in the pedal car class but you are probably right re the rest of the vintage racers. Add racing suits and delete scarves.

2 Likes
5 Likes
2 Likes

On Monday, a dark green train with yellow trim was spotted at the border where Russia, China and North Korea meet. Its distinctive coloring identified it as a one-of-a-kind vehicle that runs with one passenger in mind

That is actually the traditional livery for trains in the USSR, China and North Korea.

3 Likes

6 Likes

This looks like the love child of a Citroën and a Ferrari, and I love it.

8 Likes

Couldn’t’ve described it better! and I love it, too. We’re even the same age.

4 Likes