'Motors'

Tech Bros will just try to monetize that, too.

2 Likes
1 Like

CEO of self-driving cab outfit Cruise parks his career

[…]

AI was widely predicted to take jobs, but in four days it has done for three AI-related execs. First, Stability’s veep for audio Ed Newton-Rex quit after objecting to the firm’s data-harvesting policy. OpenAI CEO Sam Altman was then ejected for vague reasons. Now Vogt has hit the road.

Apropos of nothing more than some impressive workshop engineering, this Swedish guy built an 8L straight 16 engine out of four Volvo B20 engines and a lotta custom fabrication.

HTTPS://www.sweet16.se (entirely safe for work)

5 Likes

Obvious point is obvious. Ban private jets and also have a progressive tax on commercial flights. It’s the wealthy we have to watch out for. Yes we will all have to make changes, but they will have to the most.

6 Likes
4 Likes

The designs seem inspired by Googie, then Marquis de Sade, then Steampunk! The esthetics would suffer with (much more comfortable) fatter steering wheels. Drivers must suffer for the art.

1 Like

Jason Sudeikis Yes GIF by Apple TV+

2 Likes

I ran out of room so my car will only fit a straight 10.

Apologies to matthewsvolvosite.com
Yes that’s a lot of wiper stubs, side markers and mud guards, but I’m not being paid by the hour.

2 Likes
3 Likes

Cross posted from the US-Canada border explosion thread.

5 Likes

On the last day of Match 1983 (i.e., the day before April Fool’s Day) Rolls-Royce ran a spoof advertisement in The Times, containing a large number of factoids. It speaks volumes for the reputation of the car that, subsequently, hundreds of amused readers wrote to Rolls-Royce claiming to have believed every word of it until they read the obviously incredible twenty-ninth fact.

Which read:

While test-driving a prototype of the new Bentley Turbo on a disused airstrip, two Rolls-Royce engineers noticed a Cessna aircraft attempting an emergency landing behind them. The only alternative to a disastrous collision was to use the power of the Turbo, as yet untested to its fullest potential, and accelerate out of danger.
To the astonishment of the engineers, the car cleared the perimeter fence by 6 inches and continued to rise to a cruising height of 1,500 feet.

“Rolls-Royce - The Complete Works” by Mike Fox and Steve Smith, Guild Publishing, London, 1984

5 Likes

6 Likes

:thinking: Um, I’ll wait for the downed power lines and snake-proof model. :grimacing:

9 Likes
8 Likes
3 Likes
2 Likes

3 Likes

Two things…

Is this an installment of Final Destination?

How effing fast were they traveling?

3 Likes

Honda cooks up an electric motorbike menu, with sides of connectivity

4 Likes